An error has occurred processing the request...

• 9 posts
    September 10, 2019 12:53 AM EDT

An error has occurred processing the request. The target may no longer exist.

I'm also getting Invalid token, please try again

Hi

I'm testing my install and receive this message when I posting a welcome message for a test user on their timeline.

I also get it when trying to post to my own page eg. /members/home unless I'm commenting on an auto added post

and if I try to post in a group  eg. /group/1/sup 

@Donna or anyone else can you tell me what the problem might be and better how do I fix this? 

Version 4.10.4 (never upgraded from older version) 
    PHP Version 5.6.40
    Production mode

Standard plugins enabled apart from Events as well as 

Minify Plugin - Speed up your Website 4.10.3p1 by SocialEngineAddOns (tried with and without enabled)
    Likes Plugin and Widgets 4.10.3p6 by SocialEngineAddOns
    Content Profiles - Cover Photo, Banner & Site Branding Plugin 4.10.3p6 by SocialEngineAddOns
    Advanced Events 4.10.4 by SocialEngineAddOns
    Advanced File & Media Manager Plugin 4.10.3 by SocialEngineAddOns

• 6923 posts
    September 10, 2019 5:01 AM EDT

Would be best to be on PHP 7.2 as that will be the min requirement in our next release. 

Not sure what your issue could be but you've got plugins that most likely modify core and database so that's the first thing to check. If they did, then disabling any to test won't help. 

Check error logs to see what's showing there.

• 9 posts
    September 10, 2019 5:12 AM EDT

Thanks for your help I will look at switching to 7.2 before we go live in preparation. 

I cleared the error log then logged out, reloaded the page and logged back in and went to post - received the same error

Checking the error log it's empty ??
    Can you tell me what causes that response so I might be able to track it back? 

I'm not sure if it's related but when I start typing a name in the messaging I get no response and there are no alerts showing in the developer console and no XHR calls being sent out like as if it's missing something entirely. 

Thank you 
    Brad

• 6923 posts
    September 10, 2019 8:50 AM EDT

I have no idea as you have plugins and it could be from something there. I suggest creating a development site per the license agreement terms and testing on that without any plugins. If the error persists, you would want to send a support ticket or check permissions to see if the folder permissions are set appropriately per the permission tutorial in our learning center. Also, server error logs can help point to any issue since the SEPHP error logs are empty. 

• 9 posts
    September 10, 2019 10:58 PM EDT

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I thought it was something that was native to socialengine. 

I did as you suggested and created a clean test site and was able to pin point that it was something to so with a plugin (most likely Advance Events) and SEAO  have fixed the issue and advised it was to do with a privacy setting, which is confusing so perhaps it's the wording of the alert.
    I have asked for clarification on what the exact problem was and will add it here for anyone experiencing something the same in the future.

Again thanks Donna for your replies 

• 348 posts
    September 11, 2019 4:02 AM EDT
    Brad said:

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I thought it was something that was native to socialengine. 

I did as you suggested and created a clean test site and was able to pin point that it was something to so with a plugin (most likely Advance Events) and SEAO  have fixed the issue and advised it was to do with a privacy setting, which is confusing so perhaps it's the wording of the alert.
    I have asked for clarification on what the exact problem was and will add it here for anyone experiencing something the same in the future.

Again thanks Donna for your replies 

Hi Brad,

- As informed in the support ticket, I would like to specify that this issue is not related to any of the SEAO plugins.

- In the error screenshot attached by you in the ticket, it can be seen at the back of the pop-up that a message to check the privacy settings is being displayed. 

Sometimes, what happens is although the various privacy settings appear to be checked, but the values are somehow not saved in database, on saving the privacy settings once, the values get saved in database and status posting works fine. 

Donna can this message (in the pop) be made more user friendly redirecting members to the privacy settings page? We think this will help out the users to a great extent in such cases. 

Brad, in case you need any further assistance here, please feel free to drop us a line in the support ticket or you may also come online on LiveChat for instant assistance. 

Thank You!

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at September 11, 2019 4:25 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    September 11, 2019 5:05 AM EDT

Nice catch SEAO. I didn't see the message behind the popup in the image. Please feel free to add a feature request for what you mention. https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/3/submitting-feature-requests though I've never experienced that error message on my own site or staging site. Is it a bug or feature? If bug, please add it to the bug section with some details as to how to reproduce it as I've never had it happen.

• 9 posts
    September 16, 2019 2:58 AM EDT

Sorry SEAO the response I got and the fact it was fixed by your support team led me to think there was some sort of conflict. 

I'd definitely second the need for the message to be changed. I had no idea it was due to the privacy settings from that message and I didn't even look beyond the message  

• 348 posts
    September 16, 2019 3:52 AM EDT
    Brad said:

Sorry SEAO the response I got and the fact it was fixed by your support team led me to think there was some sort of conflict. 

I'd definitely second the need for the message to be changed. I had no idea it was due to the privacy settings from that message and I didn't even look beyond the message  

Hi Brad

It's fine!

Please drop us a line in ticket in case you need any assistance, we will try our level best to provide you with required assistance.

Thanks!