Internal Server Error after PHP Upgrade

• 36 posts
    September 25, 2019 7:11 PM EDT

We are currently using EasyApache4 with the default PHP version of 7.0. When we attempt to switch to 7.2 or 7.3 our website does not load and we receive the 500 Internal Server Error. We are currently running 4.10.3p4 and are attempting to upgrade to 4.10.5 which requires PHP7.2

Any thoughts on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

• 36 posts
    September 25, 2019 7:33 PM EDT

This is the detailed error received. It appears to be due to Redis but we are unsure how to correct it.

Fatal error: Uncaught Zend_Cache_Exception: The redis extension must be loaded for using this backend ! in /home/admin/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Cache.php:209 Stack trace: #0 /home/admin/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Cache/Backend/Redis.php(44): Zend_Cache::throwException('The redis exten...') #1 /home/admin/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Cache.php(153): Engine_Cache_Backend_Redis->__construct(Array) #2 /home/admin/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Cache.php(94): Zend_Cache::_makeBackend('Engine_Cache_Ba...', Array, true, false) #3 /home/admin/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Cache.php(211): Zend_Cache::factory('core', 'Engine_Cache_Ba...', Array, Array, false, true, false) #4 /home/admin/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(284): Engine_Cache::factory('core', 'Engine_Cache_Ba...', Array, Array, false, true) #5 /home/admin/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application/Bootstrap/Abstract.php(256): Core_Bootstrap->_initCache() #6 /home/admin/public_html/appli in /home/admin/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Cache.php on line 209

• 36 posts
    September 25, 2019 7:48 PM EDT

Well in case someone else runs into the issue, I was able to resolve it. I did not enable the Redis PHP extension for PHP version 7.2 or 7.3. Once I did this, all was good.

• 6923 posts
    September 26, 2019 4:54 AM EDT

Please note that php 7.3 is not supported yet. Thank you for posting your findings for the issues you had as I'm sure it'll help others.

• 36 posts
    September 26, 2019 4:58 AM EDT
    Hello Donna.... Hope you have been well. I did run into other issues while on 7.2. random errors. I will be digging into it a bit more and will post the findings here.
    • 6923 posts
    September 26, 2019 5:20 AM EDT

If you find bugs with the SEPHP product please post those in separate bug reports for us if you can please. Or, one 7.2 issue report is ok but not ideal.Thank you! BTW, I've been using 7.2 on my own site for quite a while without anything showing but I don't use third party products yet on it. 

• 6923 posts
    September 26, 2019 5:20 AM EDT

Oh and yes, I've been fine. Hope you are

• 275 posts
    March 27, 2020 7:17 PM EDT

Hi,

I resolved SE 5.0 with PHP 7.3 , without removing PHP Redis Extensions.

I was getting a "Server Internal Error " when I upgraded to PHP 7.3

SOLUTION

-----------------

CPANEL

Go to WHM > Module Installers ( do a search if you cant find it)

PHP PECL > Manage

Select a PHP version > 7.3 > Apply

Find a “PHP PECL” 

> Find and Install these 4 modules

apcu
    apcu_bc
    imagick
    mcrypt

Now 7.3 PHP works flawlessy with SE 5.0

Cheers !

This post was edited by playmusician at March 27, 2020 8:19 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    March 28, 2020 5:02 AM EDT

Our zend version does not support PHP 7.3 so you may run into issues along the way. As that is not a supported PHP version, please note that our support would not be able to assist with any issues on your site if using an unsupported PHP version. Thank you for posting tips though. 

• 275 posts
    March 28, 2020 5:05 AM EDT
    Donna said:

Our zend version does not support PHP 7.3 so you may run into issues along the way. As that is not a supported PHP version, please note that our support would not be able to assist with any issues on your site if using an unsupported PHP version. Thank you for posting tips though. 

Thanks for that info Donna,

Have reverted back to 7.2

Cheers ~!

• 6923 posts
    March 28, 2020 5:09 AM EDT

I'm having our developers check your post anyway just in case. We had hoped to get things to 7.3 faster but zend is a monster to update. It is in the plans to get to 7.3 and beyond.