Profile page rendering

• 41 posts
    October 15, 2019 9:19 PM EDT

Hi,

I believe by default a user's last status update is displayed atop the profile page underneath the name. I need to block that from displaying.

By viewing the html, I was able to trace what I thought was the proper template in \application\modules\User\widgets\profile-status. It appeared the file the controlled the rendering was index.tpl in that directory. Alas, I left the div but removed the logic, but it does not remove the status from the top of the profile page.

Am I wrong that the index.tpl files control the rendering? If so, does anyone who what files do control it?

Thank you.

• 6923 posts
    October 16, 2019 7:40 AM EDT

Best option is avoiding source edits and use CSS to hide it. Otherwise, try this area:

application/modules/User/views/scripts/coverphoto/get-main-photo.tpl: 92 <?php if (empty($this->uploadDefaultCover)): ?> 93 <div class="cover_photo_profile_options"> 94: <div id='profile_status'> 95 <h2> 96 <?php echo $this->subject()->getTitle() ?> .. 111 </span> 112 <?php if( $this->auth ): ?> 113: <span class="profile_status_text" id="user_profile_status_container"> 114 <?php echo $this->viewMore($this->getHelper('getActionContent')->smileyToEmoticons($this->subject()->status)) ?> 115 <?php if( !empty($this->subject()->status) && $this->subject()->isSelf($this->viewer())): ?> 116: <a class="profile_status_clear" href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="en4.user.clearStatus();">(<?php echo $this->translate('clear') ?>)</a> 117 <?php endif; ?> 118 </span>
    • 41 posts
    October 16, 2019 11:07 AM EDT

Thanks, Donna. Big Help.

CSS was my first club out of the bag, actually. Alas, while I can see the piece I need here:

https://the016.com/application/css.php?request=application/themes/insignia/theme.css&c=55

namely, ".profile_status_text { display: inline-block; margin-top: -0.5em; }"

it's not visible in theme editor or anywhere I can find on the filesystem.

Mark

• 6923 posts
    October 17, 2019 6:48 AM EDT

Were you able to edit it via the code I posted since you weren't able to get the CSS to work when using display none and clearing site cache and browser cache? Not using Chrome as Chrome is a finicky booger and cache clearing tends not to do it.

• 41 posts
    October 17, 2019 7:17 AM EDT

Hi Donna,

So I took your advice and tried again to get to the css; it is the much better approach. Finally found it by searching for '.profile_status_text' in just css files. It's here: /application/modules/User/externals/styles/main.css. Changed it to 'display: none'. Still nothing, multiple browsers. Very odd.

That was doing it by class. May now look to id=user_profile_status_container. The hunt continues

Thanks,

Mark

• 6923 posts
    October 17, 2019 9:22 AM EDT

I added this to this forum in the theme.css in the admin panel theme editor and it works here:

.profile_status_text { display: none !important; }
    • 41 posts
    October 17, 2019 4:20 PM EDT

Hi Donna,

Thanks, but there was still something super weird going on here. The change did not work for me. In Developer Mode in both Chrome and Edge, it showed profile-status_text was being overwritten by a more specific selector (it was struck through).

I commented out the logic in application/modules/User/views/scripts/coverphoto/get-main-photo.tpl and got the result I needed.

Sorry for the wild goose chase, but thanks for the assistance.

Mark

• 6923 posts
    October 18, 2019 4:51 AM EDT

Glad you got it working!