Using paypal for payments

• 217 posts
    October 23, 2019 7:06 PM EDT

The instructions state (see attached screenshot):

4) Enable Instant Payment Notifications via: My Account > Profile > Instant Payment Notification Preferences > Choose IPN Settings. The IPN messages should be enabled, and the Notification URLshould be set to:
    http://werunthehouse.org/payment/ipn/PayPal

However "My Account" is not a tab or an option in the ACP.  How do I actually see or place the paypal interface on my site?

• 474 posts
    October 24, 2019 2:21 PM EDT

Hei.. Cmackie..

I use paypal on my PHP.

First question:
    Is your site set up for paypal gateway ?. You should have a Section in your ACP. If not see SE about having it installed or activated.

Second question:
    Have you joined paypal and set up your paypal account ? ( this process can take upto 5 days or it could take 1 day, due to paypal and paypals security and validation protocol. took me 3 days. )

If not, then do so.
    1, Once you have joined paypal and your account been verified by Paypal ( I had a charge of £0.01 pence to validate the my personal bank account. nothing to worry about. Standard practice.)
    HEADS UP about paypal set up, they been making changes so im still using an older Paypal version, they may have different versions according to what country or state you are in, you will be asked to make settings about your currency and tax (how much, will you charge separate or add on to the price of sale, I chose the option for paypal to take tax from sale/purchase fee as they will pay it to your TAX office for you.) and such like. Such as will you be charging tax on sales or payments, addresses..So take your time and read through the details and options as some things you will need and some you will not.
    2, You will be given 3 codes that you will need to place into your PHP Admin's paypal gateway set up on your php site.
    3, Set up your sections, 'such as who will be paying to subscribe to your site' I cant remember what they are called, but you will be prompted to set them up before you can proceed.
    4, Once you have completed this you should be up and running.

I think I got this somewhat correct, its been a while for me dealing with PHP and paypal.

hope this helps.
    mikel.

• 6923 posts
    October 25, 2019 9:56 AM EDT
    cmackie said:

The instructions state (see attached screenshot):

4) Enable Instant Payment Notifications via: My Account > Profile > Instant Payment Notification Preferences > Choose IPN Settings. The IPN messages should be enabled, and the Notification URLshould be set to:
    http://werunthehouse.org/payment/ipn/PayPal

However "My Account" is not a tab or an option in the ACP.  How do I actually see or place the paypal interface on my site?

In the screenshot and your copy of what it says, you can see the link to go to PayPal for the settings. The "My Account" area is at Paypal. Please be sure to use a paypal business account for this.

• 6923 posts
    October 25, 2019 9:57 AM EDT
    mikel said:

Hei.. Cmackie..

I use paypal on my PHP.

First question:
    Is your site set up for paypal gateway ?. You should have a Section in your ACP. If not see SE about having it installed or activated.

Second question:
    Have you joined paypal and set up your paypal account ? ( this process can take upto 5 days or it could take 1 day, due to paypal and paypals security and validation protocol. took me 3 days. )

If not, then do so.
    1, Once you have joined paypal and your account been verified by Paypal ( I had a charge of £0.01 pence to validate the my personal bank account. nothing to worry about. Standard practice.)
    HEADS UP about paypal set up, they been making changes so im still using an older Paypal version, they may have different versions according to what country or state you are in, you will be asked to make settings about your currency and tax (how much, will you charge separate or add on to the price of sale, I chose the option for paypal to take tax from sale/purchase fee as they will pay it to your TAX office for you.) and such like. Such as will you be charging tax on sales or payments, addresses..So take your time and read through the details and options as some things you will need and some you will not.
    2, You will be given 3 codes that you will need to place into your PHP Admin's paypal gateway set up on your php site.
    3, Set up your sections, 'such as who will be paying to subscribe to your site' I cant remember what they are called, but you will be prompted to set them up before you can proceed.
    4, Once you have completed this you should be up and running.

I think I got this somewhat correct, its been a while for me dealing with PHP and paypal.

hope this helps.
    mikel.

Great tips mikel!