Videos Not Processing After Upgrade

• 8 posts
    August 15, 2017 5:54 PM EDT

I have been a loyal customer and user of Socialengine for several years and recently after upgraded to 4.9.3 as well as PHP Version 7.1.6 on a completely new install. I am unable to upload/process videos from "My Computer". Although my FFMPEG is installed and running correctly, when trying to upload videos from "My Computer" it will not process and gives the following error:

Exception: Unable to copy file (/home/mydomain.com/public_html/public/video/1d/0c/ff16da35fc636d00278de69fcf255f57.mp4) -> (/home/mydomain.com/public_html/public/temporary/ff16da35fc636d00278de69fcf255f57.mp4)

I am baffled as all folders are Chmod 777 in the above paths.

Please tell me there is an easy solution to this issue as I cannot afford to pay another $50 to get a single question/issue fixed/answered.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this request. Outside of this issue Socialengine has been very good to me! smile

This post was edited by Alasandro at August 15, 2017 5:55 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    August 16, 2017 4:57 AM EDT

Have you checked the new requirements?

Have you checked server logs to see why it isn't copying? Server logs can contain more information than SE error logs. Perhaps the server doesn't have enough memory or something.

When you checked permissions, did you check that the folders and files inside those folders are also 777?  https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/2777304-optimized-file-and-folder-permissions?b_id=14386

• 8 posts
    August 18, 2017 12:45 PM EDT

Yes.... Yes... and Yes.

After checking the logs the following errors also exist:

Unrecognized option 'preset'.

Error splitting the argument list: Option not found

It appears there may be a problem with the FFMPEG processing. Investigating that now with my hosting provider and will report back with the results in case someone else runs across the same issue.

• 8 posts
    September 8, 2017 5:59 PM EDT

Well, It was not an SE issue after all. Here is the message from my host:

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We have investigated the issue and noticed that some binaries were missing in FFmpeg, we have recompiled the FFmpeg with the missing binaries and confirmed that video uploading is working fine.

All is well now.

• 629 posts
    September 9, 2017 2:38 AM EDT

Welcome to the community, Alasandro!

Perhaps I'll do the same as I'm experiencing something similar. Glad you got your issue sorted out.