Video Blocks not displaying the right order

• 303 posts
    December 13, 2019 4:38 AM EST

The video Blocks for "From the Same Member"
    "People Also Liked" are displaying the oldest videos posted instead of the most recent videos posted and the "Similar Videos" Block is not working.

• 6923 posts
    December 13, 2019 5:44 AM EST

Testing on my site and similar videos works for those with the same hashtag. For the sort order it does appear to be coded to display older videos first for these widgets.

• 303 posts
    December 13, 2019 5:49 AM EST

So coders felt showing the oldest posts first would make the site look more popular? It's just wrong. How do I fix it? And, without hiring a coder to fix it.

This post was edited by whatonearth at December 13, 2019 5:51 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    December 13, 2019 7:34 AM EST
    whatonearth said:

So coders felt showing the oldest posts first would make the site look more popular?

As this happened way before my time here, I have no idea how they felt. 

As for how to fix it, you would need a source edit or to submit a feature request. If doing source edits, please note that they will be overwritten on upgrades and could cause issues with upgrades depending on what is changed. You would do that at your own risk. That's the standard warning regarding source edits. 

I would suggest, if wanting to do the edits to check the widgets in the video plugin. Most likely would be the controller. You would need to add a sort order but test on a development site. I don't have time right now to check code.