Error Preventing People from signing up

• 303 posts
    December 13, 2019 11:54 AM EST

I just tested to see why no one has signed up for months and I am getting this error.

Language

• 'English' was not found in the haystack
    • 6923 posts
    December 14, 2019 4:20 AM EST

Do you have third party plugins? Does the same error show at the demo when you sign up?

• 303 posts
    December 14, 2019 8:57 AM EST

This is a problem with my site not the demo. What is the troubleshooting procedure or does anyone in the world have any clues?

• 6923 posts
    December 16, 2019 5:35 AM EST

We use the demo as a fallback test. To ensure that it's not some glitch or bug. Check the error log after trying to sign up.

• 629 posts
    December 17, 2019 11:15 PM EST

Clear cache by entering developer mode and then returning to production mode when you're done. Settings > performance caching > clear cache.

• 303 posts
    December 18, 2019 10:35 AM EST

It was the social disabled all the plugins including the socialengineadons core and reinstalled the last update for socialengine and it's working now other than the things I think are wrong and some other bugs or other issues I will post separately when I have time. I wish I could dedicate all my time to working on this because eventually I will know how to edit the code and program it myself but I can't spend all day on it. Thank you for your insights.

• 629 posts
    December 18, 2019 11:49 AM EST

Those guys have done the majority of harm to SE sites over time.

• 303 posts
    December 18, 2019 12:08 PM EST

It was a very frustrating experience trying to work with them. I don't recommend them but all of this is work making. So, many things should be in the basic program and not an addon in my opinion. I wish it just had basic controls out of the box for photos and the number of photos to display,  length of recent posts and recent topics in forums in the widgets would be nice too as well as a number of members to display. In fact, all the addon features should have numbers to display. it should not be hard coded.

Just the fact that the number of albums is set up correctly tells me it's an easy thing to do but it's not done and it's left not done so "experts" get to do it. Maybe you think people don't' notice this but they do. You would sell a lot more lic and have more higher ratings and testimonials if you made it easy for intelligent people to learn it and do it without "experts" you would sell hundreds more lic a month or more.

This post was edited by whatonearth at December 18, 2019 12:10 PM EST
    • 629 posts
    December 18, 2019 1:13 PM EST

In that case, I have noticed if you add the widget from core. Save the page. Refresh it, then click on edit, the number of items can be customized. But not when you initially add the widget.