Photos in Private Messages

• 303 posts
    December 18, 2019 10:43 AM EST

Do the photos in private messages show up in the public? It sure looks like they do. So you can't send private photos in a private message. I am glad I didn't post something personal. Is that just the way it's designed or is that a bug or something is broken because on the same user that the message photos showed up she has two thumbnails that are broken but when you click them it goes to the image which is there. For a social media site, I don't think there is anything really more important than images. The better you can control the images and post images and view images the better. All major social media sites make images the #1 thing. Everyone wants to share their images, memes, selfies, videos. That is that it's all about for most people.

This post was edited by whatonearth at December 18, 2019 10:50 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    December 18, 2019 5:53 PM EST

They shouldn't show up front end. Never found them to on my author site. Did you check settings for "Make default albums searchable?" and see what you have it at? You can see here, https://demo.socialengine.com/admin/album/settings , it is at "No" . You may want to test at the demo to see if they show up in public. It's a good way to test.

• 6923 posts
    December 20, 2019 7:28 AM EST

I tested and if you set the setting to make default albums searchable, it does not show private message photos in the public area on my test site.