Character Limitations in Groups?

• 128 posts
    January 1, 2020 7:53 AM EST

I have a member who is starting a new group today, and her entire post isn't showing up. She contacted me because she tried to post this and only about 1/2 of it is appearing.

Is there a setting somewhere that limits the characters permitted for posts in groups? Can I change this?

TIA for any suggestions or help.

Happy New Year!

• 6923 posts
    January 1, 2020 1:11 PM EST

If you mean in the feed, it is meant to be for short posts, not long posts. She is better to post a long post in the group discussions. Can you give an example of how long the post was? 

(I did post a happy new year post so I won't again say it lol )

• 128 posts
    January 1, 2020 4:01 PM EST

Well believe it or not, our CEO wanted us to turn off the group discussions because no one was using the feed. Long story. Our forums are so active, it seemed redundant to her to have the Discussions AND the Forums both active. 

Here is what she wanted to post, she's starting a group that is going to be following along in a book that our organization published. She needs to post something fairly long every week or so:

WOTW: Toleration

Statement 1: I have a life-threatening problem that once had me. I now take charge of my life and my well-being. I accept the responsibility.

As we begin this new year of our new lives, I would like to invite you to join me in this group of reflections for growth. Everyday I will add a new reflection based on the word of the week (WOTW) and daily WFS statement based off WFS’s Reflections For Growth manual.

With the holidays now behind us, I am sure most of us have had to tolerate being around friends/family members who drank, all of the many commercials and media focused around drinking, those “fun” holiday drinks posted on social media, etc. etc. Now it is time to take a breath and remember statement 1 as we turn a new leaf into a new year. Whether you are newer in your sobriety or one of our loved veterans, how will you continue to take charge of your life and well-being?

For me it will be continuing to maintain my sobriety with those things that I know work for me. Daily mediation and exercise, staying connected on this site as well as with my PA sisters, and staying productive while being mindful are all things that I need for my own well-being.

I’m looking forward to hearing from the rest of you.

• 6923 posts
    January 2, 2020 4:51 AM EST

You'll want to enable discussions tbh. Otherwise, you could modify the feed but  it's not recommended. Feeds are meant to be short status updates, not long stories. Or if you upgrade once v5 is out, she could use blogs in groups.

• 128 posts
    January 2, 2020 6:07 AM EST

Okay, that makes sense. The CEO will just have to accept that then.

One more question, I'm setting the groups up as the administrator, but I am not running them. Is there a way to assign "Officers" or change the "Owner" once they are already set up?  We don't have it set up so that regular members can create their own groups at this point in time. 

TIA
    me

• 6923 posts
    January 2, 2020 7:45 AM EST

I tried on the demo. The owner of the group can promote members to officers:

• 128 posts
    January 2, 2020 7:40 PM EST

Perfect - I didn't think to look there, but it makes sense now! undecided