Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Video Upload Size

• 21 posts
    January 13, 2020 5:47 PM EST

Hello all,

This is for Donna. I asked to have my video upload size increased and this was the response I received " We have set the upload size 15MB which is the maximum size recommended in SE." I do not believe this is correct at all.

Donna could you verify that this is correct for me please.

Thank you for any help!

Michael

• 4032 posts
    January 14, 2020 5:31 AM EST

Hi Michael! Well, it depends. I believe you are speaking of the server requirements, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/81788966/se-php-socialengine-requirements which are:

PHP settings for upload_max_filesize at 15 and post_max_size at 15

We don't recommend setting those higher for safety reasons - for any script. However, that would be up to you as to how you want it. 

• 21 posts
    January 14, 2020 7:33 PM EST

Thanks Donna for your response.

Is this the same settings for video upload size? My original hosting company set the upload size to upload file size limit has been increased to 1024MB. The problem is we cannot upload large videos. When we try to upload a 40 meg video, it won't upload. What setting needs to be set for larger videos? Are we limited to 15 meg videos?

Thank you for your thoughts and input.

Michael

• 4032 posts
    January 15, 2020 5:17 AM EST

Are you using the default video plugin as there aren't any settings for upload size in that. 

• 21 posts
    January 15, 2020 5:38 PM EST

Hi Donna....No we are using a 3rd party video plugin.

• 4032 posts
    January 16, 2020 4:14 AM EST

I've moved this to the correct area for 3rd party product discussions. Did you check with the expert about it as many of them have settings for that in their plugins. If you find the answer,please post as well for other clients. Also, which third party plugin is it so I can change the title for better searching if other clients look for the same issue?