Paying for upgrade for each Lic

• 303 posts
    January 22, 2020 5:06 AM EST

I have 4 Social engine lic. Do I have to pay $149 USD for each lic to upgrade them all? Also, how long will the upgrade be in RC mode?

• 6923 posts
    January 22, 2020 5:24 AM EST

We only have the fee once for access to the downloads. If you needed us to perform the upgrade, it would be per site. Our next release will be the stable release barring any mega huge bug that would require an rc2 but so far everything is testing fine. The mobile apps are still pending review at either google or apple but already have approval at one of them so that's also a consideration of time frame as we are at their mercy for when they approve things.

• 303 posts
    January 22, 2020 6:24 AM EST

Is the mobile app coming with this release? Is that what you mean by waiting on google and apple? Not sure why we would wait for google or apple when they have to approve our individual sites separately from socialengine. 

This post was edited by whatonearth at January 22, 2020 6:24 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    January 22, 2020 6:30 AM EST

Yes they are coming and we have to have a live demo. We can't have a live demo of the mobile apps if they aren't approved in the respective app stores.

• 303 posts
    January 22, 2020 2:49 PM EST

If I set up the RC version and the Release comes out will I be able to upgrade the RC version to the release version? I am thinking about trying what I said and setting up a new install and migrating users to it with just their photos and videos or maybe just migrate just the users. I need to find the lowest cost method of doing this. I keep running out of money. 

• 6923 posts
    January 22, 2020 2:52 PM EST

Yes as I have already upgraded my own ScriptTechs demo to the rc so clients could see a general demo of v5 so it'll have to be able to upgrade. 

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at January 22, 2020 2:53 PM EST
    • 303 posts
    January 22, 2020 3:12 PM EST

What is the best way to move the users without paying hundreds of dollars to "experts" The workings of php scripts should not be a secret to the lic users. 

• 6923 posts
    January 22, 2020 5:33 PM EST

When I moved my forum, I believe that I put a notice on the original one for them to sign up on the new one.