SocialEngine PHP 4.9.4 Released!

• 6923 posts
    August 23, 2017 2:34 PM EDT

We're happy to announce that SocialEngine PHP 4.9.4 has released! This release is a maintenance release but has some improvements.

We've added LESS parser support for themes! Current themes will work with this. No issues.

The Admin Panel got a nice improvement for the plugin area.You can see the headings for the expert's names and corresponding installed plugins.

We've mentioned for clients to update their accounts with their domain name for their license. This will be important as mentioned in the blog. Please read the blog for full details.

Old themes were removed and put in the client dashboard for download. More details in the blog but here's where you can see them:

As mentioned in the blog, the Zend Framework that you see above does not work to download because it's already included in the core files. Please do not try to download it as it won't work. That link will be removed as soon as we update our website again.

Please have a full backup of your site files and database before upgrading. Check with any experts whose products you use to ensure they are compatible before you upgrade.

Thank you all!

• 6923 posts
    August 23, 2017 2:36 PM EDT

Please note to post issues in a new thread if you find any issues or have questions not related to this post. 

Please don't post bugs in this thread. Please post bugs in the bug section. 

• 6923 posts
    August 23, 2017 2:40 PM EDT

Forgot to mention, check out the new tutorial for using LESS in themes.

• 348 posts
    August 24, 2017 2:29 AM EDT

4.9.4 is an another great upgrade by SocialEngine. CSS is powerful but, can prove to be verbose for consequential projects, addition of LESS will result in more cleaner, optimized code. It has rightly been said "LESS is write less do more.". This is a great addition by SocialEngine in this new version.

Display of certified plugins in the admin panel seems to be a nice addition for the 3rd party experts and this will also help out the community users to have certified plugins on their website.

Looking forward to the release of 4.10!

Thinking of upgrading your website to the latest 4.9.4? Opt for our SocialEngine Upgrade service and get going: https://www.socialengineadd...
    For any queries, contact us here: suppor0@socialengineaddons.com

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at August 24, 2017 2:29 AM EDT
    • 7 posts
    August 24, 2017 2:52 PM EDT

Congrats SE team for new upgrade

"languages" folder is missing when create a package form Developer SDK. Please check this issue.

• 6923 posts
    August 24, 2017 5:12 PM EDT

Hi. As mentioned above, please post issues in the bug area or since you are a developer, please post in developer area. 

Thanks for your feedback.

• 6923 posts
    August 24, 2017 5:20 PM EDT

I tested the language issue and will report it. Next time please post via our issue section as we need each one in a thread. Thanks.

• 629 posts
    September 8, 2017 9:18 PM EDT

I have a couple of things I want to say as a suggestion.

1. Old themes. Can't they be included as a .zip file in the downloads area instead of the marketplace please? I say this because I use slip stream and it's the most functional. Say, if I wanted to reinstall everything, downloading from the marketplace is challenging at best. You have to visit each developers site in turn to purchase plugins directly, instead of a unified interface. I think things should be better stream lined so all the purchasing stuff and downloads are built into one system, where your license grants you access to use it. Or alternatively, no license verification but your account and license are unified so anything you purchase at all is available in one area to download as you wish. This way developers could use an api to update cloud products and so there'd be no more manual need to use the package manager.

2. I really wish this section of the forum could be built into the dashboard for all clients. Instead of having to read the blog for no mention of this. Thanks for the update as a patch however!

• 629 posts
    September 9, 2017 1:18 AM EDT

Upgrading from 4.9.3 to 4.9.4 worked well for me.