Issue with photos, groups and videos in the profile widgets

• 303 posts
    January 29, 2020 10:22 PM EST

There is an issue with profile albums, profile videos and profile groups and maybe more widgets. It is elongating the photos and videos on the profile page.

• 87 posts
    January 30, 2020 12:34 AM EST

Hello @whatonearth,

Can you please post this bug following the posting guidelines: http://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/4/submitting-issue-bug-reports . 

Currently, I am trying to reproduce this issue at my end, but I am not able to. All the designs are coming fine at my end.

• 6923 posts
    January 30, 2020 4:59 AM EST

Before posting a bug, please ensure you followed the tutorial for the new theme as there are specific steps when using it.

• 6923 posts
    January 30, 2020 5:00 AM EST

Also, make sure that where you are testing does not have any third party plugins as they wouldn't be upgraded.

• 303 posts
    January 30, 2020 8:17 AM EST

I was not sure it was a bug. So, you don't help with it if you consider it a bug? I post it and wait until the next upgrade? I will check to see if there is a plug in causing and do some more research on my end this morning but it would be nice if a customer of 15 years could get some assistance actually finding and fixing it. 

• 303 posts
    January 30, 2020 8:19 AM EST

Also, this is why I don't want any plugins and don't want to have to buy a plugin to make it do something. I have had nothing but trouble and big trouble dealing with third party plugins. Then I can't get them to remove the dang things. 

• 6923 posts
    January 30, 2020 8:55 AM EST
    whatonearth said:

I was not sure it was a bug. So, you don't help with it if you consider it a bug? I post it and wait until the next upgrade? I will check to see if there is a plug in causing and do some more research on my end this morning but it would be nice if a customer of 15 years could get some assistance actually finding and fixing it. 

When I mentioned to follow the tutorial for the new theme, that was helping as you need to follow those steps with the theme. If you are using a theme other than our new Serenity, please get with the developer of that theme to check things. I don't have the photos you are using for testing to see what issue there could be. If you would like, you can also test those images at our demo to see if they do the same thing. If they do, then we can see the issue and we can add it to our list to fix. 

• 303 posts
    January 30, 2020 4:52 PM EST

Hi Donna, I spread my time out over many things and I get spread thin at times. I have to come back to this in the morning. I am using the serenity theme. It might be my database from past plugins or the issue we had with an upgrade back in 2014 which you may remember and then it might have something to do with when we moved it from phpfox. I wish there was a database cleaning tool or a tutorial on cleaning up the database. Anyway, I will get back on this around 4am eastern time and see what I can findout. It is the serenity theme that I am using. I am going to do a clean install on another site and then I need to get into that site I shared about in another post. I got in with the /install you suggested but it won't let me update it or do anything. Sorry, to post all this in one post. I know you don't like this but I have got to get on these other things before diner time. See you in the AM! 

K

• 303 posts
    January 30, 2020 4:54 PM EST

BTW, overall it's a nice upgrade with the serenity theme and a bit sharper look. Also, the upgrade fixed some issues I was having with the navigation icons and the jumpy load. Good work! 

• 303 posts
    January 30, 2020 6:31 PM EST

Where is the tutorial?

• 303 posts
    January 30, 2020 6:55 PM EST

I found the tutorial and there is nothing there that is related to this issue. Also, I am having the same issue when I add the widgets to the member profile on another site that I never had the issues I had with this site. I am getting the same issues as above with profile videos and albums. I will look into it more in the morning. I am still trying to get into the third site to try to update it and see how that goes.

• 6923 posts
    January 31, 2020 4:11 AM EST

Sorry I thought I had linked the tutorial. Can you please let me know if you first set the site to development mode and then back to production mode? It needs to be done for the theme when changing the look at all such as changing the style, etc. I will test once I know what to test. Did you see the same issue on our demo? Is your server up to date with the new requirements? Just trying to rule out any issues.

• 6923 posts
    January 31, 2020 4:12 AM EST
    whatonearth said:

BTW, overall it's a nice upgrade with the serenity theme and a bit sharper look. Also, the upgrade fixed some issues I was having with the navigation icons and the jumpy load. Good work! 

Glad it resolved that for you.

• 6923 posts
    January 31, 2020 4:13 AM EST
    whatonearth said:

I found the tutorial and there is nothing there that is related to this issue. Also, I am having the same issue when I add the widgets to the member profile on another site that I never had the issues I had with this site. I am getting the same issues as above with profile videos and albums. I will look into it more in the morning. I am still trying to get into the third site to try to update it and see how that goes.

What widgets are you adding?