Pages don't line up on Iphone - Can't click links to register

• 303 posts
    February 29, 2020 10:50 AM EST

I was looking out our social engine site on Iphone and it does not line up so you can't click links on it to register. I thought this new version I paid for had better mobile or phone apps? 

• 6923 posts
    February 29, 2020 12:35 PM EST

It does. The demo has the mobile apps installed to test if you would like. Did you also remember to:

1. Disable the mobile plugin as we said in the blog is it no longer updated or supported.

2. Go to the SE store when logged in and get the free mobile apps.

3. Install the free mobile apps.

4. Follow the instructions for getting the apps in the google and apple stores. The instructions are linked in the mobile app listing in the store. 

5. Once installed and ready on the google and apple stores, you download the app to your mobile device like any other app and access your site via the new mobile app for your site.

It is very important to disable the old mobile plugin first though.

• 303 posts
    February 29, 2020 1:35 PM EST

So until google and apple I get all the work done for google and apply and then until they can download it from google and apple they have nothing that works? So other than google and apple there is no way for it to work on a mobile phone?

• 303 posts
    February 29, 2020 1:54 PM EST

I uploaded it on one of my sites and I got this message when I tried to activate it: We're sorry! We are currently experiencing some technical issues. Please try again or report this to your site administrator using the contact form. 

Administrator: Please check the error log in your admin panel for more information regarding this error. Error Code: a65caf Error Code: a65caf Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table '_SEnetworking.engine4_sesapi_menus' doesn't exist in ....application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77 Stack trace: #0 ....application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('INSERT IGNORE I...') #1 ....application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(388): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'INSERT IGNORE I...') #2 ....application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('INSERT IGNORE I...') #3 ....application/modules/Sesandroidapp/controllers/License.php(85): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT IGNORE I...') #4 ....application/modules/Sesandroidapp/controllers/AdminSettingsController.php(29): include_once('/home/nab2014/p...') #5 ....application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Sesandroidapp_AdminSettingsController->indexAction() #6 ....application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('indexAction') #7 ....application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #8 ....application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(86): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #9 ....application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run() #10 ....application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run() #11 ....boot.php(47): include('/home/nab2014/p...') #12 ....index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot() #13 {main}
    This post was edited by socialenginestaff at February 29, 2020 2:25 PM EST
    • 303 posts
    February 29, 2020 2:17 PM EST

Think he was originally on about mobile responsive 

• 6923 posts
    February 29, 2020 2:28 PM EST

If it's just for mobile responsive, make sure the old mobile plugin is disabled and that the default new theme is enabled. Following the Serenity tutorial, enable development mode and then disable it to clear cache fully. That would ensure that the theme stuff is all in there. Check the SE demo to compare with your own site to see if things are working if you have one of the new index pages selected as your default. If using widgets, those may not be responsive as those are older code so you would need to check by testing them. 

As for support for the new mobile apps, please send a ticket to SocialNetworking.Solutions as they support the new mobile apps.

• 303 posts
    March 2, 2020 9:45 AM EST

I don't think it's right to compare the demo site. That is not a true test to what could be an issue caused by usage, data conflicts with multiple users, ... I will check all these things but I feel like you have these through off things like, "did you migrate and if you did it's not our problem hire an expert or "... does it work on the demo, ok then it's not our problem, hire an expert." This is not right by God. 

This post was edited by whatonearth at March 2, 2020 9:46 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    March 2, 2020 10:09 AM EST

There has to be a site with all default stuff to test with. This is why we recommend testing on the demo as it has all default stuff with no edits . it helps to rule out script bugs vs site bugs.

• 303 posts
    March 7, 2020 7:10 AM EST

Donna,  just because it works on the demo does not mean mine is or should be working and that it has nothing to do with socialengine software. It has everything to do with socialengine software.  I can't afford your experts. And, It's like the software was made for "experts" There are little things that would be so easy to make right. Like classifieds are not given the same treatment as events and that leaves them open to need something so you have to buy a plugin or hire an expert because you don't have a tutorial on how to make the classifieds layout like the events or edit the text in the widget down to a count that is aesthetically appealing. I want help fixing what is wrong with my site. That is why I am asking for support for my site and not the demo. Anyway, I know you have a lot of work but I need help and you need to tell the programs to get their software right for everyone including old sites. It's not that hard for a programmer if they are not to busy making big money as hired experts. You should have tutorials on how to edit everything. Where all the code is for each page and each function and how the database works. You don't' have to make them. The programmers should make them. 

This post was edited by whatonearth at March 7, 2020 7:12 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    March 7, 2020 7:21 AM EST

Look. As I said. You should always test at the demo. It is important to have a place to test issues against. If it does NOT work at the demo, then we have something else to check such as browser, os, etc. If it IS working at the demo, then we know the issue is site specific at the client end. That could be server specs, customizations, corrupt code (maybe files got corrupted during the upgrade), permissions, etc, etc. It is a process. You either want to cooperate to find the issue or not. If not, we can't help much as we don't have the data we need.