SocialEngine PHP 5.0.1 Released!

• 6923 posts
    March 4, 2020 2:21 PM EST

We are happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.0.1! This maintenance release fixes bugs and adds minor improvements.

Following is a list of fixes in this release:

Bugs Fixed:

• Fixed - File & Media manager copy URL issue.
    • Fixed - Serenity log in photo banner path issue.
    • Fixed - Editing of Group displays error if only one plugin enabled in Group member level settings.
    • Fixed - Ad upload image broken.
    • Fixed - Large site issue with browse pages for plugins. This was caused from friend privacy setting. Added option to disable that check for larger sites. This will still have the privacy for the item but the item will show in the browse list for each plugin. Without the setting enabled, private items do not appear in the browse list which causes a heavy load time for very large sites.
    • Fixed - Issue with attaching links to status.
    • Fixed - Flood control setting for status post and messages improved for message replies and posting photos/blogs in a status.
    • Fixed - Removed mcrypt check in sanity check for requirements.
    • Fixed - Mobile App Api notification, search and comment issues.
    • Fixed - Photos in messages showed in profile photo tab to other users.
    • Fixed - Task scheduler stats error.
    • Fixed - Album photo browse page missing widget.
    • Fixed - No close button for IM chat. Added an “x” next to the “-” to close the chat box.
    • Fixed - Mobile app UI issues, blog and video breadcrumbs.
    • Fixed - Mobile app crashes on iOS when clicking profile photo.

A complete changelog is available for more details about the changes and fixes implemented in this 5.0.1 release. Please view our demo of v5 and explore v5 if you haven’t yet! 

As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading.

Important: If you are on version 4.9.4p1 or below, you will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and apply the patch mentioned.

You can download your copy of version 5.0.1 from your client dashboard. For clients not seeing the download, a small fee is required in order to unlock this version. 

Mobile app update needs to be downloaded from Apple and Google stores for those that have them installed on their mobile devices.

Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time! To upgrade from a previous version to 5.0.1, please view our upgrade documentation.

If you find any issues with this release, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Bug Tracker. We’d also like to encourage you to stay connected with the community.

With Great Appreciation, The SocialEngine Team

• 318 posts
    March 11, 2020 6:10 AM EDT

Thanks a lot !

However, the file to download is a Zip archive and not a .TAR

It's normal ?

Thanks in advance

• 6923 posts
    March 11, 2020 6:30 AM EDT

The file to download for the fresh install is a zip. The upgrade file is a tar. Can you please check that you downloaded the correct file? 

• 318 posts
    March 11, 2020 11:11 AM EDT

if i want to upgrade V5.0.0 ---> 5.0.1, i must to download  SocialEngine PHP Upgrade (4.X - 5.0.1) ?

Thanks in advance

• 6923 posts
    March 11, 2020 11:45 AM EDT

Yes it is the same upgrade procedure as normal. You always download the upgrade file to upgrade as seen in the upgrading tutorial.

• 318 posts
    March 12, 2020 11:51 AM EDT

Ok thanks a lot Donna.  rainbow.png

• 103 posts
    March 29, 2020 8:25 AM EDT

Donna will this new version support the default legacy theme?

• 6923 posts
    March 30, 2020 5:26 AM EDT

The legacy themes are not supported, including Insignia which we retired. You would need to test on a development site and maybe tweak it if needed.

• 233 posts
    April 2, 2020 11:40 AM EDT

Hi all/Donna

Just wanted to validate that to unlock/purchase access to the SE PHP 5.0.1 costs $149? (think that price I saw)

Thanks Gary

• 6923 posts
    April 3, 2020 5:14 AM EDT

Hi Gary! Yes that is the v5 access fee. You'll get access to the free mobile apps too (found in the store).

• 49 posts
    May 4, 2020 11:46 AM EDT

Help! I just upgraded to version 5.0.1, and when I logged on to my site this morning, I got this message that I've never gotten before:

I'm assuming it has something to do with the new version, but I would really like visitors to the site NOT to have to validate their IP address before browsing my website.

Could someone please provide instructions about how to deactivate this security setting?

Many thanks in advance!

Rebecca

• 6923 posts
    May 4, 2020 2:04 PM EDT

You should post things like that in a new thread next time please. We don't have any IP validation tool. Perhaps it is cloudflare if you use that? If you have recaptcha enabled, you'll want to disable it as there is a conflict with recaptcha and mootools (in a lot of different scripts such as ours, Joomla, WordPress) and we are working on a fix. 

• 6923 posts
    May 4, 2020 2:08 PM EDT

Here's a post for how to do it via the database in case you can't get into your admin https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/2277/google-re-capthca-issues/view/post_id/12767

• 49 posts
    May 4, 2020 2:18 PM EDT

Donna, thank you for your help - and sorry to have posted in the wrong thread. I don't use CloudFlare (that I know of), but I submitted a ticket to my hosting service who did the upgrade to see if they have any suggestions. Thanks for the heads-up about disabling the CAPTCHA. - Rebecca

This post was edited by RebeccaH at May 4, 2020 2:38 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    May 5, 2020 4:54 AM EDT

No problem! I hope the tips help. We are working on a fix for recaptcha that won't break the rest of the site due to mootools.