Forums » SEPHP Help and Tips

problem upgrading from 4.10.5 to 5.0.1

    • 20 posts
    March 10, 2020 9:22 AM EDT

    I just paid to get access to access to 5.0.1 files. I downloaded SocialEngine PHP Upgrade (4.X - 5.0.1). When trying to upgrade, I am getting an error in dependency check telling me that I need certain modules to be at least 5.0.0.

    What is the correct procedure to upgrade since my dashboard on SE doesn't give me access to 5.0.0?

    Thanks,

     

    • Moderator
    • 5235 posts
    March 10, 2020 11:07 AM EDT

    Uncheck all of those in the upgrade screen and only select the core one. Upgrade that first. Then, upgrade the rest. It should work.

    • Moderator
    • 5235 posts
    March 10, 2020 11:18 AM EDT

    I've added this to our bug list for a patch. 

    • Moderator
    • 5235 posts
    March 11, 2020 9:41 AM EDT

    I've just tested several upgrades from 4.8, 4.9, and 4.10 to 5.0.1 and had no issues at all. Are you sure your server meets the new requirements? Are you sure you don't have third party products interfering? Did you only upload the v5.0.1 upgrade file and no other upgrade files with it? That has to be run first. No plugins or other things until after. Please also ensure you are not using Mariadb.

    • Moderator
    • 5235 posts
    March 12, 2020 5:26 AM EDT

    This issue was resolved. It was not an issue in the script. Some plugins were not updated to 4.10.5 which caused conflicts.We recommend when doing upgrades to upgrade all SocialEngine plugins even if they are disabled just to be on current coding and to have database updates.

    • 20 posts
    March 14, 2020 10:16 AM EDT

    I have been retrying this a few time on my test site. First copied my production site to my sandbox.

    I have applied the upgrade to 5.0.1 a first time. The I upgraded ny third party plugins and ran ito problems; it was telling me that some required modules were not at 5.0.1 like in the dependency check screen capture above.

    I ran the Install new package for 5.0.1 again and it told me that it was going to "Refresh package xxx" for some modules and "Upgrade package xxx" for some others. Redone the same again to make sure there was no longer any "Upgrade package xxx" in the list.

    After that I was able to upgrade my third party plugins.

    Make sure you check that the package is installed completly, redoing it to make sure everthing is 100%. I upgraded my production site to 4.10.5 first and found same issues. Luckily I had this upgrade file stored locally as it wasn't avalaible along 5.0.1 upgrade.