Adding Networks to my site

• 10 posts
    March 16, 2020 9:16 PM EDT

Hello. 

I am using Social Apps.tech as my 3rd party plugin provider. I have their Android app and I can only see maybe 5 or 6 networks when I check my network listing in the app. But I have many more. I don't see them at all. I ask them about this problem but they said to check directly with Social Engine. The strange thing is I can see all the networks on the newsfeed. 

Any feedback would be helpful. Is there a limit or is my site having a technical problem?

• 6923 posts
    March 17, 2020 5:07 AM EDT

If you can see them on the desktop and not on your Droid, it seems an issue with their mobile app. Unless you are testing two different places. Can you provide a screenshot (non adult please)?

• 6923 posts
    March 17, 2020 9:22 AM EDT

About how many networks do you have?

• 10 posts
    March 17, 2020 9:38 AM EDT

I have 14 networks in my admin dashboard right now and only 8 are available in my app. Is there a limit? I also checked my mobile PWA and it has same issues. Only shows the 8. 

• 6923 posts
    March 17, 2020 9:43 AM EDT

I wouldn't be able to answer any questions about their app. Does the same issue show on the desktop version? We can only address script questions in this area, not third party issues. I'll test this on my staging site or at the SE demo later today as I would need to add some networks to the demo to test there. But, I can test on desktop on our staging just to see how it shows with more networks.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at March 17, 2020 9:44 AM EDT
    • 10 posts
    March 17, 2020 9:45 AM EDT

This is what they sent me.

In regards to the reported issue, we would like to tell you that it is a SocialEngine Core feature and you may find the knowledgebase article for the networks here, https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1649382-admin-panel---manage->-networks

We suggest contacting the SocialEngine and ask them to do the needful in regards to it.

• 6923 posts
    March 17, 2020 9:51 AM EDT

Ok in the members/settings/network page, I joined all 14 networks I have on my staging and they all show up there for me. This screenshot only shows 13 of them but the other is on the page, I just couldn't fit it in the screenshot. I'll test on the demo with the free native mobile apps there but I have an iPhone.

• 6923 posts
    March 17, 2020 9:52 AM EDT

It looks like they sent you a canned reply too as that is a very old link. Here's a link to the Networks tutorial, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5243294/se-php-networks perhaps tell them to clean up their canned replies.

• 6923 posts
    March 17, 2020 10:01 AM EDT

Ok I added more networks to the demo and tested the free native mobile apps there and it seems to work unless I am testing it wrong. Can you please go to the se demo and test the mobile apps we have? If it works fine, please have SAT update their apps.

• 6923 posts
    March 17, 2020 10:01 AM EDT

https://demo.socialengine.com/members/home that's a link to the demo and you'll see the buttons to download the mobile apps when you are on the site.