Google ReCapthca Issues

• 75 posts
    April 10, 2020 8:30 PM EDT

I accidentally deleted my Google ReCaptcha keys. I created new ones however now, when I try to log into my admin area it says Invalid Captcha and won't let me log in to update my captcha.

Does anybody know where in the database I could turn the captcha on and off?

• 6923 posts
    April 11, 2020 5:31 AM EDT

Unite doesn't allow for database access. Did you mean for SEPHP? I can move this to the correct area if so. 

• 75 posts
    April 14, 2020 11:25 PM EDT

Yes. I have SEPHP. Sorry about that. Can you move it?

• 6923 posts
    April 15, 2020 5:23 AM EDT

When you created the new keys, did you do it with the v2 app at Google? If not, please use their v2 app. Be sure you clear cache after as well. 

• 75 posts
    April 15, 2020 8:30 AM EDT

I created the new keys. I can't enter the keys.

I have the captcha on the login page, too. It won't let me login in because the old keys are no good.

I need to shut off the captcha from the database.

• 6923 posts
    April 15, 2020 9:05 AM EDT

Back up the database first. Then find the core_settings table. Once in there, find 

core.spam.email.antispam.login

core.spam.email.antispam.signup

or this one core.spam.recaptchaenabled

If those are at 1, you can set them to 0 or just the login  or recaptchaenabled one to 0. Or, you should be able to remove the recaptcha info from

core.spam.recaptchaprivate

core.spam.recaptchapublic

Clear cache after.

• 6923 posts
    April 15, 2020 9:05 AM EDT

I've not tested any of that so this is why you need a good backup first.

• 629 posts
    April 15, 2020 11:49 AM EDT

What happens when you apply the same domain to a new recaptcha instance and then find the existing keys in the database, replace those with the new ones and then clear cache?

• 75 posts
    April 15, 2020 11:58 AM EDT
    Thank you Donna
  • April 23, 2020 9:42 PM EDT

Thank you for this post. Somehow I locked myself out and couldn't login again, not even to the admin, change in the the database was my only hope. 

I was making some changes in my Google GSuite account and the DNS of the server. I don't know if this was related, but I wasn't able to see any captcha widget on login although it was saying that one was required, so I was trapped.

My site is not operational again, thanks to this information.