Verification Statement after clicking email activation link

• 303 posts
    April 18, 2020 3:29 PM EDT

I have one of my socialengine sites set to manual approve otherwise I get so much spam it kills the site. The issue now is that even though I set it to manual approve it still says this after a new sign up clicks on the activation email.
    "Your account has been verified. Please wait to be redirected or click here to login."

For some reason, I can't seem to find this message to edit it. Where is it?

Really it should automatically change to the message that your account needs to be manually approved by an administrator and then you can log in at ... also, to help with spam the IP address of new signups should be recorded.

• 265 posts
    April 19, 2020 2:20 PM EDT

Whatonearth - I think you use Social Engine PHP, not Social Engine Unite?

If I am correct, you should go to your Admin Panel ? Appearance ? Language Manager ? then click Edit phrases for your language. You should be able to type the text of the phrase you are looking for, then find the text. If you can't, you probably need to file a bug report similar to mine here.

I think the whole implementation of the Two-Step Verification thing is using hard-coded phrases. If that is what you are using, then file the bug.

• 6923 posts
    April 20, 2020 6:39 AM EDT

I've moved this to SEPHP help and tips from the SEUnite one it was in.

• 6923 posts
    April 20, 2020 7:48 AM EDT

I've tested this. There are two phrases. When I changed the second phrase, I found that it is using that phrase:

Also, once I clicked the link in my email and was sent to that page, after a few seconds it did redirect to the login page without me needing to click. It just has a brief delay as it does show the success message which is beneficial to most. However, if you want that changed, you can submit a feature request for it as there will be clients who want to see the success message and those that don't.

• 303 posts
    April 30, 2020 5:03 PM EDT

How did you move the thread? I can't move threads in my forum. Is that a plugin feature for more money? 

• 6923 posts
    April 30, 2020 6:52 PM EDT
    whatonearth said:

How did you move the thread? I can't move threads in my forum. Is that a plugin feature for more money? 

This site is a default install with just some css changes. The move is available in any install. 

and here it is on my own site, again no third party plugin for forum or customization:

both accounts are super admin users.