Friends in the database

• 4 posts
    April 30, 2020 7:47 AM EDT

I'm just getting started with Social Engine (looking great so far), I'm migrating data from my existing community and have inserted the members into the SE database.
    Now I need to recreate the friendships that already exist but so far can't find which table the friends data lives in?

TIA Graham

SE 5.0.1

• 6923 posts
    April 30, 2020 8:03 AM EDT

Welcome aboard Graham! So you're saying that people in a social site want to be friends? lol. wink.png 

I'll go check on my local to see if I can find the info for you. Give me a few minutes.

• 6923 posts
    April 30, 2020 8:35 AM EDT

Gee whiz it was not easy to find. Have a go at the engine4_user_membership table but please backup your current database before trying it. We need to improve this as "membership" just doesn't seem a normal name for "friendship" as I am not a member with a friend, I am a friend with a friend or following that person. 

• 4 posts
    April 30, 2020 8:50 AM EDT

Thanks Donna, that's brilliant (except the description as you said!)

• 6923 posts
    April 30, 2020 8:58 AM EDT

I hope it works fine for you. I did add this to our database improvement schedule. As Project Manager for SEPHP and SE Unite, I want to ensure that this gets improved. Feel free to file other feature requests should you find other issues while doing your import. We have a stickied post at the top of our feature request section that outlines how to submit a proper request for consideration (each request should be one item in order to be considered as our Github issue tracker works best with one request).