My Fresh Install does not look like the upgrade

• 303 posts
    May 13, 2020 4:44 PM EDT

I just want to point out the fresh install has the little font thing on the top left and the upgrade does not. Is that on purpose? Is there a setting. I still have not found why the friends or reply to messages is not working. Should I sign up for paid support?

• 6923 posts
    May 13, 2020 5:17 PM EDT

That's because an upgrade won't overwrite your layout. So, if you want a new widget, you would add it as the accessibility widget is a widget. https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/131235871/enabling-or-disabling-the-accessibility-widget

The other issues, in your other threads, I am not sure about as they are working here and staging, demo and local tests. If you would like us to come check the issues, you would need support. However, if you have any third party products, you could check first with those experts in case there is some conflict. That would save you money from paying for support and then finding it might be third party conflict. 

• 303 posts
    May 13, 2020 6:49 PM EDT

I disabled all the third-party plugins. That should not be it. If I had known it was this hard to deal with plugins I would never have bought them. I removed one of my social engine installs. It's sad it does not work the way it used to work. I never had an issue with a plugin or an upgrade for years. Now it's everytime. 

• 6923 posts
    May 14, 2020 4:56 AM EDT

The accessibility widget, which is what this thread is for, wouldn't be missing due to the third party plugins. It isn't installed on an upgrade as an upgrade won't mess with your layout to add extra widgets. You should be able to add it via those steps in the tutorial above.