Broadcast Email Question

• 233 posts
    June 30, 2020 10:57 AM EDT

Hello

User requesting to not receive Broadcast emails but remain a user. How is that done? I looked on Member profile as Admin and see item labeled "Disable all site emails", turn that "on"? Thanks Gary

• 265 posts
    June 30, 2020 2:34 PM EDT

The code that processes messages sent through the Admin Panel > Manage > Email All Members option can be found in \application\modules\Core\controllers\AdminMessageController.php.

Looking at line 46, the code checks whether or not a user has checked the 'disable admin email' checkbox.

Users can therefore prevent 'Admin Emails'/'Broadcast Emails' from being sent to them by:

1. Logging in,
    2. Clicking the 'Cog' Settings icon in the top right,
    3. Clicking the 'Email' menu option,
    4. Clicking the 'Disable Admin Emails' checkbox which, on my site at least, is the second option down before submitting the form.

This post was edited by abuk at June 30, 2020 3:32 PM EDT
    • 265 posts
    June 30, 2020 2:49 PM EDT

In short Admin Emails = Broadcast Emails.

• 6923 posts
    July 1, 2020 5:41 AM EDT

That is correct. The "disable all site emails" does not cover the newsletters/admin emails as those are generally important site mails. We wanted a way for users to be able to disengage from all normal site mails while still being able to receive the newsletter/admin email if they wanted. So, the best option was having the two settings. 

• 21 posts
    July 1, 2020 6:08 PM EDT

Is there a setting to disable just "Someone Liked Your Post" email notifications while the others remain enabled?

Also, is there a way to send a "Weekly Activity Recap" email to users?

Thanks!

• 233 posts
    July 1, 2020 6:13 PM EDT

Hi George

if you click the gear widget upper right when logged on your site then click Notifications tab, you'll see a host of settings for your account. Thanks Gary

• 21 posts
    July 1, 2020 6:32 PM EDT

Gary, 

Thank you so much.  Exactly what I was looking for.

Have a great evening!

George