WYSIWYG Editor

• 43 posts
    July 6, 2020 7:29 AM EDT

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a way to add font sizes to the WYSIWYG. For example i would like to add 11Pt.

Next to this i would like to know if there is a way to update the WYSIWYG to the full version?

Thank you.

• 6923 posts
    July 6, 2020 11:43 AM EDT

I have this tutorial at my site that might still work. http://kb.scripttechs.com/socialengine-add-or-remove-buttons-in-tinymce/ which is to add things to it but you will want to experiment on a development site first and note that SocialEngine does not support core modifications or modified sites. You take any risks in modifying the core. Also, core modifications will be overwritten on upgrades and would need to be reapplied.

• 265 posts
    July 6, 2020 5:23 PM EDT

You need to add the line

fontsize_formats: '8pt 10pt 11pt 12pt 14pt 18pt 24pt 36pt'

in the appropriate place. I am not sure where the appropriate place is as yet, and I think it varies depending on where the editor is used (messages/forum/blog etc). If I get time I will add it here.

What do you mean by "full version of the WYSIWYG editor"?

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at July 7, 2020 2:24 PM EDT
    • 43 posts
    July 7, 2020 12:11 AM EDT

Thank you both. I will ty.

What i mean with full version is that i have seen more functionalities and i am in need of a few.

I am specifically looking if there is a functionality where i can make a expand/hide section inside the post.

So where text is hidden and only shows when you click a button like + ore something. Im looking how i can do this.

• 265 posts
    July 7, 2020 1:43 PM EDT

SocialEngine uses TinyMCE v4. It includes some plugins as well, which you will find in /externals/tinymc/plugins. You can make changes and add plugins etc, but I think they will void your support.

I am specifically looking if there is a functionality where i can make a expand/hide section inside the post.

I've had a Google and I don't think any such plugin exists for TinyMCE, so you would need to make it yourself. 

• 43 posts
    July 7, 2020 3:59 PM EDT

@abuk

Thank you for all the info.
    I don't want to do something that will break my warranty but adding a font size... i guess that must not be so bad right...

I also googled and i can't find the expand/hide option for TinyMCE. To bad because i can really use something like that. Perhaps i will start a project for a expert, we will see.