Serenity Theme

• 43 posts
    July 9, 2020 2:11 AM EDT

I have the standard blue Serenity theme active. On the landing page (for non signed in users) it does not show the main content with a white background color. Its having like the very light grey background color. All the widgets i place do have the white background color (even on this landing page). So overall this looks strange now.

I want to change this and change the main content part to also have a white background color on the landing page but i can't find where i can do this. Anyone know?

• 6923 posts
    July 9, 2020 4:25 AM EDT

A screenshot would be helpful. Please blur any adult images if your site is an adult site.

• 43 posts
    July 9, 2020 4:54 AM EDT

In settings i have "Set Landing Page of Serenity Theme" put on no.

The landing page for non logged in users loos like this. Notice the background color of the main area is grey and the widgets on the side are white.

So when i log in i see it how i want it. White background. But its like the module itself that i placed there is having a white background color because the main background color is stil grey. That's how i like to see it. Lets just say the main part just looks like the widgets in the side.

Hope this helps.

• 6923 posts
    July 9, 2020 5:24 AM EDT

If that is a third party plugin you put, the expert would have the best answer for you. I can't tell from the screenshot what it is. You can also use inspect element to find the code and put it in the theme.css in the theme editor but make sure you are working on a clone and not the actual serenity theme or styles. It's always best to work on a copy so that you have the original to revert back to.

• 43 posts
    July 9, 2020 5:39 AM EDT

Ok thank you. i will do this. good tip i forgot about that.

• 6923 posts
    July 9, 2020 9:46 AM EDT

Hope it works for you. It should work fine. Be sure to set the site in development mode and then right back to production mode to get changes to show up. It is very important to put it back in production when done working as development mode can take a high amount of server resources.

• 43 posts
    July 10, 2020 7:40 AM EDT

It worked. your tip about inspecting the element and then go looking worked. Thanks!

• 6923 posts
    July 10, 2020 8:05 AM EDT

Glad it worked for you.