Document upload

• 154 posts
    September 9, 2017 10:15 PM EDT

https://github.com/SocialEngine/phpv4-feature-requests/issues/106

Like niche communities where the importance of having genuine members, may need members to be ID verified, to prove, who they are. Having a document uploader on signup would be fantastic if it was simply limited to PDF, Jpeg, PNG upload, and/or url to be viewed on google docs, and then in manage members stats, your able to see the file link for file uploaded server, or external link. You are able to verify people soooo quickly. Getting someone to signup, then email them to say " Hi can you provide documents to prove who you are before accepted and approved" Adds extra communication, more time in between getting them verified, or them just ignoring the email. Its a great way to find people early on who are pretending to be someone they are not. No recapcha can detect fraudsters and catfishes ha Either add it in a stage similiar to profile questions, photo upload, document upload Or add it as a specific profile question even in one of Netverify video, they talk about drop offs, long communication times to simply verify real people via documents as companies use to manually ask for them. So this feature would be great..... Airbnb and many others use Jumio Netverify, but imagine large costs..... so please consider this feature it really is needed. https://www.jumio.com/netverify/

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at September 11, 2017 6:33 AM EDT
  • gs
    • 857 posts
    September 9, 2017 11:18 PM EDT

Great idea (I remember this from github).

What do you think about:

1.  Allowing ADMIN to enter doc types rather than SE allowing only certain ones (some of the Plugins I have simply provide a text field for ADMIN to enter types separated by commas, such as pdf, jpg, jpeg, doc, docx, etc)?

2.  Since SE is working on profile field updates in 4.10, maybe they could include a profile field type for file?  There's a great Advanced Form Plugin I use which allows fields to be defined as files/upload and it can even export the files with other form data.  Maybe this is what you are referring to.  My thought is if using Profile fields, many files could be uploaded if desired.

• 629 posts
    September 11, 2017 11:01 AM EDT

I agree with this. Both ideas sound like something I could use. I want this for adding extra profile images or media even.

What about an html section for profiles?

• 154 posts
    September 16, 2017 3:29 PM EDT

• 154 posts
    September 16, 2017 3:30 PM EDT

• 154 posts
    September 16, 2017 3:30 PM EDT

We compression sucks for my demonstration hahaha

• 154 posts
    September 16, 2017 3:31 PM EDT

mock1 mock_2

• 154 posts
    September 16, 2017 3:33 PM EDT

My Mock Ups for viewing documents uploads for purpose of verification. 

• 154 posts
    September 16, 2017 3:43 PM EDT

mock_3 mock4

• 154 posts
    September 16, 2017 3:44 PM EDT

The Signup Section and Admin section admin/user/signup/index/signup_id

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 16, 2017 3:47 PM EDT

Ah - thanks for the mockups.  Great FR (forget what I mentioned about the Forms Plugin - that can be used for uploading files but not in this process and not viewable in ADMINcp.  This FR can definitely be useful.  Thanks for the extra details.

• 154 posts
    September 16, 2017 4:22 PM EDT

In today's era

I think this is actually Vital for a safe network!

• 154 posts
    November 10, 2017 7:38 PM EST

The way I did this Request is so you can see the documents quick and fast without leaving a page, or multipul pages, view ID, then approve, verify that member then onto the next member.

will eliminate fake signups, and spammers etc

and you will have a 100% genuine network

VERY IMPORTANT

• 154 posts
    December 12, 2017 11:55 AM EST

I had more feedback on this via message that this would be awesome however, 2 ID verifications would be needed, not just one.
    So imagine my mockup with an extra doc uploader and extra ID verification coloumn in the admin members section to view the documents via pop up, for quick viewing of the document.

• 154 posts
    February 21, 2018 8:00 PM EST

Love to hear back about this FR

Im going to refer to this as KYC - Know your customer..................... as this is getting bigger and some sites are being MADE to run KYC checks, imo KYC should be run on all sites to make sure who signs up is who they say they are.

Keeps everyoone safe knowing checks done

• June 12, 2019 2:24 AM EDT

Hello Daniel,

We at SocialEngineSolutions have developed a new plugin: "Member Verification via KYC Documents Plugin" for verifying members via Documents.

This plugin is available in SE Store, so if you like it and it serves your purpose, then you can consider purchasing it for your site.

For any queries you can reach out to us at support@socialenginesolutions.com

Thanks & Regards

Team SES (SocialEngineSolutions)