Fontawsome

• 474 posts
    July 20, 2020 1:44 PM EDT

Hi guys..
    where would i find the location to check the version of font awsome on my site.

need to check for the new v5.2.1 version has installed. on my admin panel it says that i have ( fontawsome v5.2.1) Or i have to check that iconv is enabled on server... ?????

After a possible cause...

SNS: As we see in the screenshot, one of the reason for this issue is the existence of 2 versions of font-awesome on your website. When you upgrade your site to SE 5, then the old version of font awesome should be upgraded.

You can once check the fontawesome version on your website at path: ~\externals\font-awesome\fonts and make sure you have the latest font-awesome on your website .

thanks
    mikel.

This post was edited by Mikel at July 20, 2020 2:13 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 20, 2020 2:19 PM EDT

https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/2434/v5-2-1-menu Shubhra posted in your thread where to check your fontawesome version. Use an ftp program to check in that folder and find the manifest.php file .

It should show version 5.2.1

If you have icons showing on your site, then the server is fine. But, you can check in your admin in server information at yoursite.com/admin/system  SNS works with us btw. Hope that helps!

• 6923 posts
    July 20, 2020 5:53 PM EDT

My bad. In the screenshot above, you would check the css folder for the all.min.css and check the Fontawesome version there too. Font Awesome Free 5.11.2 

• 6923 posts
    July 21, 2020 6:46 AM EDT

Did you get this resolved?

• 474 posts
    July 21, 2020 8:35 AM EDT

hei Donna..
    Thanks for the reply..

Im checking today when i got time...

mikel

• 6923 posts
    July 21, 2020 8:37 AM EDT

No problem. If this doesn't work, please see SAT (SocialApps.Tech) and see what they did to fix your other issue. Let them know their fix messed up the other icons in the site and that SE says that fontawesome 5 is what needs to be used.

• 474 posts
    July 21, 2020 8:48 AM EDT

Thanks Donna..
    Il send you a private message later.. when my mind is in the right state of mind. at the moment im dealing with my member test group.

mikel.

• 73 posts
    July 21, 2020 5:27 PM EDT

I tried to expose the problem in the same environment. The same thing happened.
    In my case it happened in a 3rd party developer's advanced menu plugin. After disabling the advanced menu plugin, I tried to modify it in the SE menu editor.
    As an example, I installed the chrome extension CSS picker from the photo album menu and looked at what was happening.
    The moment you modify the icon
    .fa, .fa-angle-down, .open_submenu cannot load this part.
    I cleared the cache and tried again. However, it is the same phenomenon.

• 73 posts
    July 21, 2020 6:02 PM EDT

Do you see the difference between the two images below?

Deleting or modifying that part worked fine.
    I will look at the details. I'm sleepy because I can't sleep now.
    Perhaps the better experts already know the cause.

It is up to the user to decide whether to use the advanced menu plugin or the SE menu.
    I think it will be solved by modifying only a little bit of CSS rather than the plugin problem.

In the newly installed CSS, it is assumed that there is no .fa {...} part. Sorry I couldn't go any further.

I just wanted to say that it has nothing to do with third party plugins.

This post was edited by Lee KiWon at July 21, 2020 6:08 PM EDT
    • 474 posts
    July 22, 2020 6:46 AM EDT

Hei. Lee KiWon.

Thanks for the info..

are these images taken from your device ' view / inspect element ' ? They look like they are.

I think this may be worth showing SE Tech, if you have found an error or oversight. Let SE check for the same error / oversight on their script..

I can check my 'element' and see if i have the same as you do.. But i dont know nearly enough about script to make a judgement on what should or should not be.

Thankyou anyway.
    mikel.

• 474 posts
    July 22, 2020 6:55 AM EDT

Hei Lee KiWon.

Just looked at my favicon and compared it to your:
    fa, .fa-angle-down.

I may be wrong but it that the correct spelling?
    on my menu setting for such favicon, i have spellings like: fas fa-groups  or fa fa- (just as an example) not fa, .fa-

i just had a thought that it could be a spelling error.

Like i said im not a tech and know very little about script. I leave that to SE.

thanks
    mikel. 

• 73 posts
    July 22, 2020 7:02 AM EDT

I solved it using an advanced menu plugin from a 3rd party creator. This is not a perfect solution. This is how I fix it temporarily. If possible, use the same product from a third-party maker. (Compatibility with other companies is insufficient.)

• 73 posts
    July 22, 2020 7:06 AM EDT
    mikel said:

Hei Lee KiWon.

Just looked at my favicon and compared it to your:
    fa, .fa-angle-down.

I may be wrong but it that the correct spelling?
    on my menu setting for such favicon, i have spellings like: fas fa-groups  or fa fa- (just as an example) not fa, .fa-

i just had a thought that it could be a spelling error.

Like i said im not a tech and know very little about script. I leave that to SE.

thanks
    mikel. 

I am not sure what it means.
    I'm sorry I didn't speak English well.

I haven't tried it because I'm doing something else.
    Find the font-awsome.css file and disable the .fa {part.

I am not sure if this will affect your site.

This post was edited by Lee KiWon at July 22, 2020 7:11 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 22, 2020 7:16 AM EDT

Was that installed before? The advanced menu? You can see the menus work fine here and at our demo with default SEPHP. I'm not sure yet why your sites are having this issue. Unless there is a third party overwrite issue or some customization. I'm having a team member check again in case there is any issue on our end but with the demo and this community working fine, and our staging sites, it is hard to say it's a script issue due to that.

• 474 posts
    July 22, 2020 7:18 AM EDT

Hello Lee KiWon.

Let SE Techs know of your plan and idea.

SE Techs can check, test and confirm your discovery and idea..

mikel.

• 6923 posts
    July 22, 2020 7:21 AM EDT

It needs to be tested on a site with no third party plugins. A development site is best. We are looking one more time but with demo, community, staging and 5 local installs all not having this issue, it is very hard right now to say it's with SE and not some issue on your sites due to third party plugins that may overwrite or circumvent the default fontawesome 5. I do have a team member checking one more time.

• 348 posts
    July 22, 2020 7:36 AM EDT

Hi Mikel,

I request you to please contact our support here: support@socialapps.tech
    I will make sure you get a proper solution to this issue. 

Thanks!

• 474 posts
    July 22, 2020 7:37 AM EDT

Thanks Donna.

Im getting ready and thinking about again paying Socialappstech to work on my bugs / fault list one last time this week. So hopefully il get some results next week. Or else im just going to have to delete all 20 plugins and additions and do a fresh install of SE script on server. Start again with a clean script.. Because its causing me to lose my cool and become a grump. I dont like grumpy...

thanks donna

mikel.

sorry dont mean to sound moody..

• 6923 posts
    July 22, 2020 7:39 AM EDT

No problem Mikel! Watch the above to un-grump. My fave and it generally works.Sorry to get off-track. 

• 6923 posts
    July 22, 2020 7:39 AM EDT
    SocialApps said:

Hi Mikel,

I request you to please contact our support here: support@socialapps.tech
    I will make sure you get a proper solution to this issue. 

Thanks!

Thank you SAT for responding.

• 474 posts
    July 22, 2020 9:52 AM EDT

• 348 posts
    July 22, 2020 3:47 PM EDT

Hi Mikel,

Support has received the ticket, you will soon get a solution

Thanks!

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at July 22, 2020 3:48 PM EDT
    • 87 posts
    July 23, 2020 11:15 AM EDT

Hello Mikel,

Actually SE has upgraded the latest font awesome but if any plugin on your site is using the older version (may be some function is calling older version of fontawesome) which is creating conflict and issue is coming.

As I see you have opened a ticket with the 3rd party developer, I hope you will get the resolution.

Please let us know if you find resolution.

Regards

Shubhra

• 474 posts
    July 23, 2020 11:54 AM EDT

Hei Shubhra

Ive just been checking the site now.. Not had my admin team working today.. as i was giving Socialappstech Techs chance to resolve issues and do tests without any admin interfering by accident...

But what i find is they have resolved the Main menu down arrow now, so that is good.. . Must have been an issue with plugins or something techy..

So for the rest of the list they may take a couple of days to find and resolve..

So yeh... Things are looking good.

Thanks
    mikel.

• 87 posts
    July 23, 2020 11:57 AM EDT

That's good to know.

I hope you get the resolution soon.

Regards

Shubhra