Serenity Theme: Contrast widget - color adjustment

• 43 posts
    July 21, 2020 9:15 AM EDT

Does anyone know where i can change the contrast dark mode colors. I would like to change the font color and it will be different in dark mode then on light mode.

I cant seem to find it.

Does it perhaps link to the dark serenity theme and if so, why cant i adjust that one?

I need to clone it to adjust it but then it might not link to dark mode no more.

I hope to learn something. Thank you.

• 6923 posts
    July 21, 2020 10:13 AM EDT

When you submitted a ticket for this issue, I actually submitted a bug report to improve the widget as the dark mode should have a light mode which it doesn't have. Seems odd to have a dark mode on a dark mode.

I'll see if we can get an answer from a developer. 

• 43 posts
    July 21, 2020 10:25 AM EDT

I did not submit any ticket. I was just asking here because i was wondering the same thing. Thank you for submitting a bug report. Il wait to see what happens.

• 6923 posts
    July 21, 2020 10:26 AM EDT

Sorry, I thought you were the client who asked this same question lol.Guess a few of you want to know this answer. Hopefully, our team can answer.

• 265 posts
    July 21, 2020 11:54 AM EDT

The dark mode CSS styles (including the colours) are found in /application/modules/Serenity/externals/styles/styles.css.

I think the correct way of overriding these settings is to copy the ones you want to change into your theme.css file that you can edit in the Admin Panel,  then change them there.

• 43 posts
    July 21, 2020 3:21 PM EDT

Thanks Abuk. I will look at it but i'm not a css god so haha bare with me...

But i'm hoping they will add dark mode settings in the official theme configuration part.

I agree with Donna that it makes no sense if you can change the font color or link color in dark mode.

Even some other parts would be good to change there.

The more wi work with serenity them the better i'm liking it. Especially the contrast thing. Super good for mobile to!