New member cannot login

• 217 posts
    July 23, 2020 9:26 PM EDT

I signed up with a new email.  I did not receive a verification email.  I tried to signin.  I clicked on forgot password and got the following message (see screenshot): "That user account has not yet been verified or disabled by an admin." This is unacceptable because admin cannot verify the account since it must be verified via email and the new user cannot sign in using their chosen email address. Can this glitch in the system please be fixed? 

• 78 posts
    July 23, 2020 10:56 PM EDT

You can change the setting of how to approve new member in admin area

• 88 posts
    July 24, 2020 3:29 AM EDT

Hello cmackie, Please checkout the tutorial and make sure you have not enabled Email Verification or Admin Approval on your site https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5210505/se-php-signup-process .

• 6923 posts
    July 24, 2020 4:17 AM EDT

You'll need to get your mail working in order for email verifications to go out. We recommend using an SMTP service such as Sendgrid which we also use here in this community. You can resend a verification email if you are using a current version. SEPHP Member tutorial

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at July 24, 2020 9:06 AM EDT
    • 217 posts
    July 24, 2020 9:01 AM EDT

Donna, That's not the problem.  Emails go out no problem in most cases.  In this case the email failed to send in error.  In that event the member cannot access their account.  If the initial email fails to go out you do not have a way for a person to get their verification email resent or they get stuck not being able to log in with their desired email.  Please fix that problem. 

To everyone else, respectfully your responses are not on the subject.  My approval and verification settings are correct and I will not be changing them. 

• 6923 posts
    July 24, 2020 9:08 AM EDT

As I said, the option exists in current versions to resend an email verification. There is no need for us to fix something that already exists. Please see the tutorial. You didn't read what I said before.