I hope the feed's link add-on will be improved.

• 73 posts
    July 25, 2020 9:09 PM EDT
    • iframely.com
    • self hosted iframly
    • demo.socialengine.com
    • demo.socialapps.tech
    • twitter.com
    • cnn.com
    • facebook.com
    • other etc

1. The image is too small. (Actual size is original size)
    2. There are a lot of differences in what is shown in iframely and SE. (Too good to see)
    3. Twitter or Facebook have the look they want when taking a link, but it looks too small in SE. (Although not required. )
    4. Twitter doesn't even import images.
    5. Some links render the same as other sites, but clicking the share button doesn't show them.
    6. Cards that work in iframely do not work in SE (iframely white list error)
    7. etc...

I need the same options as iframely.
    It's too small. Twitter link does not display images

The same is true for advanced feed features from third-party creator sites.

(SocialApps.Tech's advanced feed plugin was suitable for cnn.com and other sites. However, Twitter and Facebook were the same as SE. Praise.)

I tried to install and operate self-hosted iframely, but it is the same.

Special characters and emoticons are not supported (add links and add videos).
    It is an environment that can be supported at the server level. 

Happy SE

This post was edited by Lee KiWon at July 25, 2020 9:45 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 26, 2020 9:23 AM EDT

We appreciate your suggestions but it would be helpful if you would read the guidelines before posting so that we can consider your suggestion. This request is for too many things and also asks for third party plugin improvements which SE cannot consider as we don't make those. 

For this request, we already have reports of the following:

https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/2354/bug-twitter-links-in-iframely-not-working

https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/2330/improve-album-photos-shown-in-activity-feed-not-using-thumbnail

So for this request, do you want us to consider improving the thumbnail generated by link embeds from iframely?

• 73 posts
    July 26, 2020 10:15 AM EDT

Hi Donna

It all means the same thing. There are some differences.
    Thank you for answer. I think this feature should be improved.

Happy SE