Capability to delete Regular Member Profile

• 33 posts
    July 26, 2020 5:02 PM EDT

I've noticed that the Signup process will prompt new users to choose what type of profile they would like if there's more than one profile type available. I wanted to take away this option by getting us down to one profile type.

We had a Moderator profile type that I was hoping to delete so that all of our users would just have the "Regular Member" profile.

I deleted the Regular Member Profile by mistake. I meant to delete the Moderator Profile.

I re-created a Regular Member Profile, but it looks like we've lost everybody's first name, last name and other questions they answered in their profiles. Photos seem to be okay.

Well, thankfully, we're still just in Pilot phase without too many users on the system, but I am worried about profile data we've lost. 

The first question, is there any easy way to recover seemingly lost profile data?

Second, I think the system should ask you 2 or 3 times before you delete a Regular member profile - or any profile, and that profiles that get deleted should be kept archive in case they do get accidentally deleted.

It was a dumb mistake of mine, but some safeguards would be good.

Thanks,
    Bernard

Politea.us

• 6923 posts
    July 27, 2020 10:23 AM EDT

I've moved this to the feature requests. We will look at how to make an indestructible profile type as I believe that is needed. We had to do that to Super Admin as well because so many kept deleting it by mistake too.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at July 27, 2020 10:23 AM EDT