Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

pixythemes zypher

• 315 posts
    July 31, 2020 2:58 PM EDT

Hei folks

question:
    Anyone here using the pixythemes zypher theme ?

If so, what's your opinion ?

especially if used on small cell / mobile phone devices like iphone, samsung or similar. screen sizes about '2.5" wide by 4.5" high' screens or similar.
    I have tried the demo and like it but just wondered about an actual users opinion.

Last review was in 2017...

thanks

mikel.

• 5235 posts
    July 31, 2020 5:11 PM EDT

I don't think it is updated to v5 so you would want to check with them first before buying it. 

What sort of theme are you looking for? I am working on a theme based on Serenity. 

• 315 posts
    August 1, 2020 6:21 AM EDT

Hei Donna

Im just seeing what themes out there that works nice with SE mobile version that i dont need to use any PWA or APP plugins.

I trailed Pixytheme zypher and it was a good layout testing on my iphone, samsung and lumia phones and ipads with smal screen sizes  '2.5" wide by 4.5" high' average screen sizes.

because some devices dont 'adjust to screen size' to well and end up squashing or mis-placing tabs and other placements to fit screen and makes it look bad and some people think its a bad website and not thinking its their device that is the issue.

And so , from an admin level i would need to make some features 'not show on mobile' in order to make things work on many mobile devices, but then members miss out on some features.

So its a tricky balancing game we play. This is the main reason i prefer that scripts are created as a mobile version with a descktop feature instead of the normal descktop version with a mobile feature, if you get what i mean..

So as it is most of us ideally need to buy a PWA or an APP just to get full experience of the website as members. and that then costs us money or tying us to 3rd party devs and having to pay for APP alterations to get 3rd party devs plugins to work with other 3rd party APPs ( as in the case with SNS App unless i only use SNS products)

At the moment, i just want to keep things simple and lite.

And so back to the theme question, a good mobile theme that works well on average size cell phone / mobile phone devices without squashing or displacing features and tabs to fit screen.

thanks for reading..
    mikel.

This post was edited by mikel at August 1, 2020 6:21 AM EDT
    • 5235 posts
    August 1, 2020 7:39 AM EDT

In case he doesn't respond regarding v5, I've heard a lot from clients about this one being super responsive. Spectromedia.

• 315 posts
    August 1, 2020 9:34 AM EDT

Hei Donna...

just checked.. Pixythemes are all only v4 unless i request an upgrade...

Spectmedia, some features dont work so good.. example is, tested on a iphone and samsung phone. Some features are square shaped on normal large mobile screens, however, on small mobile phone screens they are elongated and very narrow so that the text are on separate lines.

normal large mobile screen;

small mobile phone screen:

mikel.

This post was edited by mikel at August 1, 2020 10:49 AM EDT
    • 5235 posts
    August 3, 2020 11:29 AM EDT

He Mikel, those screenshots are from our demo which only has our default Serenity theme. To check Spectromedia, you would need to go to the SNS demo.

• 5235 posts
    August 3, 2020 11:30 AM EDT

I contacted PixyThemes to see if he's going to update his stuff. We do have lots of plans and I hope he stays part of the expert program.

• 5235 posts
    August 3, 2020 11:54 AM EDT

He asked me to temporarily take the themes down as he hasn't had time to update them but does plan to update them. He has some big projects to finish first.

• 315 posts
    August 3, 2020 12:03 PM EDT

Hei Donna..
    Thanks.

How was weekend...hope you all had a good one.

mikel.

• 5235 posts
    August 3, 2020 12:04 PM EDT

Hi Mikel! It was fine thanks. :) Hope your weekend was fine too.

• 315 posts
    August 3, 2020 12:10 PM EDT

i and my accounts team was working over weekend.. We  (the company) have our yearly Business Income Tax accounts and fillings coming up in September so im cooking the books.. (sorry Checking the books) making sure they all add up. Hope the Tax man dont read this...

Fun Times, im sure you'll agree.

mikel.

• 5235 posts
    August 3, 2020 12:12 PM EDT

Oh yeah taxes are always fun. 

• August 6, 2020 2:20 PM EDT

Hello Mikel,

We have upgraded our Responsive Spectromedia Theme which is compatible with the latest SE version. You can checkout the theme as it is made lightweight, SE 5 compatible, and fully responsive.

You can checkout the demo here.

** We are working on the dark mode in this theme and will release it very soon.

Regards

Team SNS