Forums » SEPHP Help and Tips

Deleting Subscription Plan

• 30 posts
    August 4, 2020 4:49 PM EDT

I made a mistake when creating a subscription plan. I choose monthly and not yearly and now I can not go back and change it. Why is it that created plans cannot be deleted? This is a new site and I don't have any members yet.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance

• 30 posts
    August 4, 2020 5:15 PM EDT

I fixed it in the database and changed it to year. I hope this doesn't mess anything up

• 5237 posts
    August 5, 2020 5:07 AM EDT

It was never made to have one. Would be a good feature request but it would need good info in the request. 

• 30 posts
    August 5, 2020 11:04 AM EDT

I just don't understand why it can not be done rather then going into the database.

Especially when setting up a new site. Maybe a go live button.

What if the plans price changes but the name stays the same?

• 5237 posts
    August 5, 2020 12:07 PM EDT

I have no idea why it was made that way as it's always been that way. I asked when I first came here about it. You can try various experiments on a development site to see how it works. I think I have this in the improvement map I made last year but to be safe, you should submit a feature request for it to make sure it's not overlooked.

• 30 posts
    August 5, 2020 12:23 PM EDT

Thanks for all your help and feedback Donna.

• 35 posts
    August 7, 2020 11:30 AM EDT
    mattwales said:

I just don't understand why it can not be done rather then going into the database.

Especially when setting up a new site. Maybe a go live button.

What if the plans price changes but the name stays the same?

Hi mattwales

Possible reason for having no option to delete the Subscription Plans could be to maintain the consistency of the signups already done using that subscription plan. But if you wish, you can delete or edit plan info directly from database in case your website is not open to public else possibility of an inconsistency in the old signups done using that plan might arise in db and site may throw errors. 

Thanks!