Insignia - how do you scroll the vertical menu?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 11, 2017 4:47 PM EDT

Item#01  I'm sure this is a simple thing, but I can't seem to scroll down the menu at the bottom of my display.  Is there a setting somewhere that I missed or a # to display before 'More'?  Browser scrollbar and mouse-wheel obviously scroll the main page.

Item#02 Is the horizontal menu supposed to briefly display (i.e. flash) at the top of the page then disappear when the vertical menu appears?

Thanks (hopefully the laugh this brought to everyone's face was payment for helping me out

This post was edited by gs at September 11, 2017 4:49 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    September 11, 2017 5:20 PM EDT

1. I just use the mouse scroll. It can also show a scrollbar IIRC. I don't like vertical menus so I don't use them. I can test this tomorrow if you need me to though.

2. Yes, I reported that in the beginning before we released. It is not something that can easily be resolved. I don't recall the explanation but partly it's due to the speed of the user's browser/net and partly due to how the site needs to load or something like that. Not all that technical from me, sorry about that.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at September 11, 2017 5:20 PM EDT
  • gs
    • 857 posts
    September 11, 2017 5:30 PM EDT

Thanks for the help Donna.

RE Item#01  Resolved.

RE Item#02  Sorry, I missed that.  I did a search but since search doesn't work (as I posted elsewhere) I didn't find this info.  That's helpful, but ugly

(New) Item#03 I tried horizontal but it the UI/UX was unacceptable (due to the number of Menu Items) and I don't see a setting for how many Menu Items to display before a 'More' option, so without that, I can't use Horizontal.  Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere for this?

This post was edited by gs at September 11, 2017 11:02 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    September 12, 2017 7:16 AM EDT

My bad. I mean the issue was reported by me in our internal tracker.

I don't think there is a setting. It's a good idea though.