Forums » SEPHP Help and Tips

When SE doesn't want to affect other directories.

    • 73 posts
    August 6, 2020 5:20 PM EDT

    Here is a simple example.

    fix se/wordpress/.htaccess

    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
      Options +FollowSymLinks
      RewriteEngine On
    
      #for wordpress
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wordpress
      RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    
    </IfModule>

    Is this the most effective? (I wonder if there is a better way.)

     

    I want to install wordpress or phpmyadmin, nodebb, gohugo, static html etc in se sub-directory. (Just for example)

     

    I am using openlitespeed web server and it gives me great satisfaction. se and htaccess work perfectly.

     

    Happy SE


    This post was edited by Lee KiWon at August 6, 2020 5:28 PM EDT
    • Moderator
    • 5237 posts
    August 7, 2020 6:30 AM EDT

    We had a request for this before but when we did a possible improvement, it broke the plugin manager on some server configurations. So, the fix is not as easy as it seems. It may require tweaking per server config. Test everything after making changes.

    • 171 posts
    August 7, 2020 8:23 AM EDT

    You need to insert the WordPress Rewrite rule before the Social Engine rewrite rules. You can also adapt the wordpress rewrite rules by adding the other ones below a  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wordpress rule.

    • 73 posts
    August 7, 2020 9:33 AM EDT

    Thanks for all the answers.
    First of all, I want to apply phpmyadmin and then apply wordpress or static files.
    I am thinking of solving the lack of third-party plugins with wordpress or static files. (I'm worried about the theme, but I'm also considering an independent theme shape)
    FAQ, Document Guide, Terms, Privacy, Company Blog etc
    If wordpress is too heavy, we will try to fix it with gohugo. Because it's simple.
    I want to make the SE light and slim.(I'm thinking of gohugo now. It was very, very comfortable to manage.)

    • Moderator
    • 5237 posts
    August 7, 2020 9:40 AM EDT

    Hugo is good. Thinking of using it for a project too, static web. SEPHP will improve piece by piece too. Our blog will have features like WP as soon as we get to that step after v6.

    • Moderator
    • 5237 posts
    August 7, 2020 9:41 AM EDT

    If thinking of Hugo you should also look at grav as they are similar in what they do.

    • 73 posts
    August 7, 2020 9:47 AM EDT
    Donna said:

    Hugo is good. Thinking of using it for a project too, static web. SEPHP will improve piece by piece too. Our blog will have features like WP as soon as we get to that step after v6.

     

    I don't like the SE that competes with WP. On the previous site, members compared to WP. I couldn't fix it.
    Add Facebook notes, stories and pages.

    Now I am trying to remove the blog plugin.


    This post was edited by Lee KiWon at August 7, 2020 9:53 AM EDT
    • Moderator
    • 5237 posts
    August 7, 2020 9:54 AM EDT
    Lee KiWon said:
    Donna said:

    Hugo is good. Thinking of using it for a project too, static web. SEPHP will improve piece by piece too. Our blog will have features like WP as soon as we get to that step after v6.

     

    I don't like the SE that competes with WP. On the previous site, members compared to WP. I couldn't fix it.
    Add Facebook notes, stories and pages.

    Now I am trying to remove the blog plugin.

    It isn't trying to compete but our blog is basic atm. We need to add some normal blog features. Not heavy stuff, just some better features to improve it.

    • 73 posts
    August 7, 2020 10:01 AM EDT
    Donna said:
    Lee KiWon said:
    Donna said:

    Hugo is good. Thinking of using it for a project too, static web. SEPHP will improve piece by piece too. Our blog will have features like WP as soon as we get to that step after v6.

     

    I don't like the SE that competes with WP. On the previous site, members compared to WP. I couldn't fix it.
    Add Facebook notes, stories and pages.

    Now I am trying to remove the blog plugin.

    It isn't trying to compete but our blog is basic atm. We need to add some normal blog features. Not heavy stuff, just some better features to improve it.

    This is because social media and blogs have different characteristics. The content lifespan of SNS is very short compared to blogs. Rather, the notes and stories provided by Facebook can take the place of your blog. (Each point of view is different, but ..)

    • 171 posts
    August 7, 2020 1:16 PM EDT

     Regarding you first post:

    If you simply want to open up a folder so that you can access it in the normal way (and not have SocialEngine intercept and return a 404 error), you can simply use a RewriteRule without any RewriteConditions.

     

    E.g. 

     

    RewriteRule "^/folder/(.+)" - [NC,L]

    This post was edited by abuk at August 7, 2020 1:17 PM EDT
    • 73 posts
    August 7, 2020 5:56 PM EDT
    abuk said:

     Regarding you first post:

    If you simply want to open up a folder so that you can access it in the normal way (and not have SocialEngine intercept and return a 404 error), you can simply use a RewriteRule without any RewriteConditions.

     

    E.g. 

     

    RewriteRule "^/folder/(.+)" - [NC,L]

     

    I tested it with phpmyadmin. I tested it with phpmyadmin.
    But it didn't work.

    I am not logged in.

    se/phpmyadmin/.htaccess

    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
      Options +FollowSymLinks
      RewriteEngine On
    
      # for phpmyadmin
      RewriteRule "^/phpmyadmin/(.+)" - [NC,L]
    
    
      #for PHPMYADMIN
    #  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/phpmyadmin
    #  RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    
    </IfModule>
    

     

     

    • 171 posts
    August 7, 2020 6:31 PM EDT

    As my first reply said, the rewrite rule needs to go above the social engine rewrite rules.

     

    I don't recommend using .htaccess for rewrite rules.

    • 73 posts
    August 7, 2020 6:44 PM EDT
    abuk said:

    As my first reply said, the rewrite rule needs to go above the social engine rewrite rules.

     

    I don't recommend using .htaccess for rewrite rules.

    I will try again. haha.

    • 73 posts
    August 7, 2020 7:13 PM EDT

    Solved it. haha
    In OLS, I added phpmyadmin to the context and put a rewrite rule.
    I forgot for a moment that .htaccess in ols has to be handled with care.
    It works perfectly fine.

     

    This time I noticed that the se/.htaccess modification does not affect OLS.

     

     


    This post was edited by Lee KiWon at August 7, 2020 7:19 PM EDT