Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Reviews

• 315 posts
    August 10, 2020 7:02 AM EDT

Hei Folks..
    Ive been asked by a few members, regular and business, for a 'Reviews' section.

so here's the thing. members want to leave a review for businesses on the business member page (not a comment). a simple request. so i looked in store but could only find reviews that are attached to other things that i dont want or need.

So i had a thaught. Scripttechs make great simple plugins that i use already, theyre small, lite, and very usable.

So here is my question:
    Can Scripttechs create a plugin that can be used for 'reviews'.
    method: members can leave a 'review style comment' in a box on a businesses members page. other than using the standard comments.

hope this makes sense..
    mikel.

• 5236 posts
    August 10, 2020 7:12 AM EDT

Hi Mikel! Thank you so much for the nice comments about my ScriptTechs company and products. Right now, I don't have time to look into making a Guest Book like Unite had which would work for what you want.

However, a suggestion I have is what we will be doing soon here. Have your businesses make their business page in Groups. Then, users can leave comments there as their review in that feed. It's the best I can think of right now. This method keeps the business feedback off of the profile and on the business' official page similar to how fb had those pages before. Hadn't been on fb in a while to see if they still have those. Heck, they could even make a group called Review such as ScriptTechs' Reviews and that would be pretty clear to users that the group is only for reviewing that business. Even better if you made a category in the groups called Business Reviews.

This post was edited by Donna at August 10, 2020 7:13 AM EDT
    • 315 posts
    August 10, 2020 9:52 AM EDT

hei Donna.

How you feeling...

thing is... on my site, i have 2 plans, regular members and business members..
    Ive done away with the idea of: pages for businesses. a lot of the time its too much added work running two things, when one is just as good. thats why like on facebook, most people and businesses are scrapping pages.

would creating a group page mean extra work for the business and confusing for the regular member having to go into groups, search for the business and then leave a review /

or am i missing the idea of your suggestion

or its just come to me,,, could i create a page in site layout and menu. and assign it in to the member profile page onto the menu where info, albums and such like ?? and attach a 'comments' block and name it reviews ???

• 5236 posts
    August 11, 2020 9:47 AM EDT

The comments block attaches to specific plugins with code to activate. I am not sure how to work it on a custom page. Sorry.