Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

2 different apps, 1 domain.

• 10 posts
    August 11, 2020 5:46 AM EDT

Is it possible and allowed to use the Social Networking solutions free as a secondary app for my 1 SE domain. I would like to use it for a specific network. The user during sign up will answer a question and it will auto add them to the specific network I want the SNS app to display only.  I currently have apps with Social Apps Tech that is my main app. 

• 5236 posts
    August 11, 2020 9:44 AM EDT

This is something you may meed to address to SocialNetworking.Solutions as I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. As long as you just have one website with the main license, I don't see an issue as far as the SocialEngine core. If you are trying to have two websites with the SE core license, you would need two licenses. 

For the mobile app, I do not know the answer as I don't know how that works for this sort of thing you want. They would need to answer.

• 10 posts
    August 11, 2020 11:36 AM EDT

Thanks for the reply Donna. I want the users of the SNS free app to only see content from a certain group that is on my main SE site. I have a global nightlife website and I want to keep my main brand global but if possible, I want to make the free app localized to a certain city and branded as such. My main website is ClubWorld360.com. I have a network for Las Vegas that's can be auto joined when answering a certain sign up question. I want to make the free app only about Las Vegas and not have to manage 2 separate website. I hope that makes sense.  

• 10 posts
    August 11, 2020 11:37 AM EDT

SNS told me to make sure with you guys there was not a licensing or any other technical issues that could stop this.  

• 5236 posts
    August 11, 2020 12:17 PM EDT

You would need to ask them as far as how this is going to have to work as I don't know.

1. You are allowed only one site for your license.

2. If the users will be using the one site, that is fine on our end of things.

3. We do not control the free mobile app. That is under SNS control. Only they can say whether they can customize it to only show some parts of your site. This would be paid custom work.

4. If they say it will require another install of the SE files, then you will need another license for that separate site to work with this.

I hope that helps.