Forums » SEPHP Feature Requests

[A]not showing year for birthday in profile

• 20 posts
    August 19, 2020 8:13 AM EDT

I just upgrade my site to 5.2.1. I noticed when testing with an account other than Admin that the year of the birthday is now showing. I can't go back to the old version, but I think remembering that there was a way to hide the year but can't find it.

For now I am hiding birthday for all members. Can someone tell me what to do to hide the year?

Thanks,

Benoit

• 5230 posts
    August 19, 2020 8:17 AM EDT

Did you have a plugin or customization for that? I don't see any settings for admin to hide it. 

• 20 posts
    August 27, 2020 11:12 AM EDT

I do have a birthday plugin from SocialApps.tech but there are no setting in this plugin for the year of birth.

This is a question in the profile (/admin/user/fields) and I think this is where I did set it when my site was at 4.x. Now the choice no longer appear. There is also a minimum age requirement in that question. For now I hide the anniversay date in the profile

Can you have a second look please?

• 5230 posts
    August 27, 2020 11:19 AM EDT

I checked v4 and it never had this setting either. This is from my v4 site which I hadn't had a chance to upgrade.

Maybe it is in the third party plugin or perhaps you used a different script before using SocialEngine as I know the setting is in a script I used to work for. 

• 5230 posts
    August 27, 2020 11:23 AM EDT

I'm adding a feature request to add a privacy setting for users to choose whether to show Month/Day, Month/Day/Year.