Forums » SEPHP Feature Requests

[A]Add wave to music extension

• 205 posts
    August 22, 2020 6:46 PM EDT

I  thought we could upload .wav files to the music? I am getting this error Playlist Artwork

• File 'ZOOM0015.WAV' has a false extension
    • 5230 posts
    August 23, 2020 5:05 AM EDT

Our documentation has the info you need for which file types are accepted. That one is not on the list so you'll want to change the type.

• 315 posts
    August 23, 2020 8:59 AM EDT

Hei Whatonearth and Donna.

Just to check with you about Artwork.
    Are you talking about an image png, gif type images or actual music playlist upload.

Reason i am asking is, i have noticed that many companies are now making images files  (web extensions files ) not Png or Gif type files normally used for Artwork images. so uploading images with the new Web classification will not easily upload into artwork uploads. Pixabay is an example of this. I think it is to combat image copyright and other things.

I can upload music playlists, but images i can not, unless i alter the [web image extension ] image file back into a Png, Gif type

Just thought i would share this info.

thanks

mikel.

• 205 posts
    August 30, 2020 10:21 AM EDT

it's like the most common file type for music makers? Is it possible to make it work with .wav files?

• 5230 posts
    August 30, 2020 1:56 PM EDT

I did get it working on local by editing the modules/music/api/core.php file and adding the extension to line 36. I'll put this in feature requests and see how hard it will be to add it. My test was a short test.

This post was edited by Donna at August 30, 2020 1:59 PM EDT