Upgrade Question

• 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 10:13 AM EDT

Upgraded to new version yesterday. Couple of questions. Top screenshot looks like broken icons? Any remedy?

My top menu used to "fit" on single line, now wraps? Any remedy?

Gary

• 6923 posts
    August 25, 2020 10:20 AM EDT

Check with the theme developer as we use most recent font awesome and those icons are normally from using an older version of fontawesome. You also need to make sure you enabled and then disabled development mode which helps to clear cache better. See if that helps. If using a custom theme or a theme other than Serenity, you may need to update your theme.

• 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 10:25 AM EDT

Hi Donna

I am using Insignia Green theme, no customization. I am in Production mode. Any other suggestions?

Thanks Gary

• 6923 posts
    August 25, 2020 10:37 AM EDT

You'll need to get an expert to update the theme as it was deprecated and is not supported. Serenity is the new default theme and is fully responsive. If you decide to use it and change colors, please make a clone of it first and work on that so as to not modify default. 

• 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 10:37 AM EDT

Hi all

What's the best way to contact Webligo Developments for my theme issue? Thx Gary

• 6923 posts
    August 25, 2020 10:40 AM EDT

We are Webligo Developments and won't be updating that theme. We had posted in our blog back when v5 released that the theme is end of life. You'll need to find another dev to update it if you still want to use it or perhaps try Serenity. It has three color options.

• 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 10:45 AM EDT

Hi Donna

Switched to new theme. Any suggestions for what I am seeing in header area? Menu wrapping? My title too long?

Thanks Gary

• 6923 posts
    August 25, 2020 10:48 AM EDT

You may want to check in the layout editor for where the search and logo are placed. Do you have an actual logo or prefer not using a logo image file?

• 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 10:57 AM EDT

Hi Donna

"Friends of ..." just text under Settings/General Settings

Layout of MEMBER page

• 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 11:05 AM EDT

Hi all

Anyone know where in Serenity theme CSS I can change color of the following? I tried a few lines thinking that it work but shifted horizontal menu to vertical so I reverted back. I want to take hex color of circled area and use where arrows are pointing. One other color request, where in theme can I change that "hideous" ;-) PINK menu color? Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 11:14 AM EDT

Hi all

Figured out where/how to change navy blue background of title header. Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 11:24 AM EDT

Hello

Title bar issue is text length and/or font size. I assume font size is in CSS theme somewhere? Gary

• 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 11:28 AM EDT

Hi

What's the chances there is a reference guide for the Serenity theme CSS? Make life easier than "trial and error". Thx Gary

• 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 11:37 AM EDT

Hi all

Can you turn off the icons for the top level menu items? underlined. Thx Gary

• 265 posts
    August 25, 2020 11:51 AM EDT

To remove the icons from the Main Menu (when it is horizontal):

Add this CSS rule to the bottom of your custom rules at Admin Panel > Appearence > Theme Editor > Themes.css :

div.main_menu_navigation.scrollbars.horizontal_core_main_menu > div > div > ul > li > a > i { display: none;}

To change the Logo Fontsize:

Admin Panel > Appearence > Theme Editor > Themes.css 

[Ctrl] + [F] to bring up the find box, and search for .layout_core_menu_logo, you will see the fontsize property a few lines below the text string searched for.

This post was edited by abuk at August 25, 2020 11:56 AM EDT
    • 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 11:55 AM EDT

Awesome, thanks abuk. Gary

• 265 posts
    August 25, 2020 11:56 AM EDT

Just edited to add how to change the logo fontsize too! Do you still need any of the other edits?

This post was edited by abuk at August 25, 2020 11:57 AM EDT
    • 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 11:58 AM EDT

Hi abuk

Know where I can change color of the menu hover from PINK to something more pleasing? Thx Gary

• 6923 posts
    August 25, 2020 12:08 PM EDT

It's always best to click the Learning Center at the top of the site and check the tutorials as there are specific documents for Serenity as it is a different type of theme. 

• 6923 posts
    August 25, 2020 12:09 PM EDT

And please be sure you are not editing the default theme and style. It's best to do it in the Serenity settings on a clone. 

• 265 posts
    August 25, 2020 12:20 PM EDT
    Gary said:

Hi abuk

Know where I can change color of the menu hover from PINK to something more pleasing? Thx Gary

That's best edited in the Serenity Settings: Admin Panel > Serenity Theme > Color Schemes and its the Menu Hove link color.

• 265 posts
    August 25, 2020 12:20 PM EDT
    Donna said:

And please be sure you are not editing the default theme and style. It's best to do it in the Serenity settings on a clone. 

While it was a few version ago, Serenity Settings didn't work on a cloned theme when I tried it.

• 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 12:34 PM EDT

Hi abuk

Can you confirm? Assume I can create own color scheme below.

• 233 posts
    August 25, 2020 12:45 PM EDT

Thanks for all the help! I'm good now. Gary

• 6923 posts
    August 25, 2020 12:50 PM EDT
    abuk said:
    Donna said:

While it was a few version ago, Serenity Settings didn't work on a cloned theme when I tried it.

It works fine now. We use a clone here.