Unable to Upload Video

• dgw
    • 8 posts
    September 25, 2020 12:15 PM EDT

Only able to link to external videos.  Why can't we upload?

• 6923 posts
    September 25, 2020 3:05 PM EDT

Hi dgw. Did you check our tutorial for the video plugin? The Learning Center, linked in the menu above, has all tutorials you need to learn how to use SocialEngine. For the video uploads, you need to follow the instructions in the plugin and ensure the host is up to par and has ffmpeg installed. 

• dgw
    • 8 posts
    September 25, 2020 4:36 PM EDT

Thanks Donna.  I am following up with our hosting provider to get ffmpeg installed.

• 6923 posts
    September 25, 2020 5:50 PM EDT

You're welcome!

• dgw
    • 8 posts
    September 25, 2020 8:23 PM EDT

I was able to upload a video, but it's been about 1/2 hour and I am getting this message:

Your video is in queue to be processed - you will be notified when it is ready to be viewed.

• 6923 posts
    September 26, 2020 5:17 AM EDT

Check your logs. There should be a video encoding log in the logs in the log browser in admin. So that you can learn how to use the Learning Center, I'll let you find that tutorial. If you can't find it, let me know but it should pull up on a search.

Once you check the logs, if it shows errors with the encoding, get with the host and give them those errors as that's on the server end.

If those are fine or if there are no logs, check the task manager. The host might be blocking it such as they might have open_basedir enabled. (If you are using BryZar, that won't be the issue as they know not to have it enabled as they are the recommended host). If that isn't enabled, check to see if the task manager is blocked and not running. At some hosts, there are specific security measures in place that block the task manager from running via cURL. (BryZar is one of those with extra security) If you find it isn't running, set it to Cron and give the host the info you will see on the screen after setting it so they can set your Cron job on the server. That should get it running.

If all of that fails, it could be the video was too big. Try a small video. If a small one works, you need to ask the host to raise your limits so you can upload larger videos.

• dgw
    • 8 posts
    September 26, 2020 10:44 AM EDT

Thanks again, Donna.  Worked with hosting to get scheduler tasks to run via cron and it's working now.