Issues downloading Theme to Social Engine

• 1 posts
    September 28, 2017 1:06 PM EDT

I downloaded the Social Engine PhP Trial and was told I could purchase a theme and it would be downloadable. So I did just that, and now it keeps referring me to an invalid license key. I try to update the key and it goes to an error screen from my own website. It is frustrating and I am sure not wanting to spend $549 today to have these problems. I have used this program before and was very happy. Now it seems the updates have caused major issues. Hopefully someone will help me out. PixyThemes is tired of me bugging them and no one is responding from here with answers.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 28, 2017 3:37 PM EDT

==>"...no one is responding from here with answers...."

Replies to posts may take more than a couple hours (from what I can tell, this post was just over 2 hours ago).  And yes, I'm sure it can be frustrating, but people will help how/when they can (plus as you would expect, SE Staff typically chimes in too).  Glad you are here and asking for help 

I'm just another User, so my first questions are:

- who installed the SE Trial?

- what host are you using?

- is the host knowledgeable with SE and willing to help?

- Who told you you could purchase a theme to use with Trial - pixythemes or SE directly?

- "...it keeps referring me to an invalid license key..." who is the it - SE or PixyThemes?  Can you include a screenshot (without displaying any confidential info)?

I know those questions don't resolve your issue, but more info should help point in the right direction.

• 6923 posts
    September 29, 2017 9:58 AM EDT

We are resolving an issue we weren't aware existed for the Trial. It is due to how trial licenses work. However, if you want to see how the theme works with a licensed account, for now you could check the demos as those are on licensed websites. I believe this issue is already resolved though so it would be good if you would try to install the theme again.