HELP - Blog Entry Paragraphs

• 57 posts
    October 2, 2017 5:20 AM EDT

Hello everybody! 

I have this problem. When i write a blog entry, in the editor there are automatic paragraphs every time I press "Enter" on my keybord, and I want it. 

But when I pubblish my blog entry these paragraphs disappears! 

How could I fix it? 

• 6923 posts
    October 2, 2017 5:46 AM EDT

What version of SE PHP are you using?

Are you using TinyMCE or basic editor?

• 57 posts
    October 2, 2017 10:33 AM EDT

Yes, i have the lastest version

• 6923 posts
    October 2, 2017 12:54 PM EDT
    Donna said:

Are you using TinyMCE or basic editor?

• 57 posts
    October 2, 2017 1:17 PM EDT

I'm using the TinyMCE editor

• 6923 posts
    October 2, 2017 2:07 PM EDT

This appears to be how TinyMCE works now as a lot had complained to them of the issues. You will want to add an extra space between the paragraphs. 

• 57 posts
    October 2, 2017 3:19 PM EDT

Yes, I had thought, but In the mobile version of my website that doesn't happen! So if I add an extra space between the paragraphs the mobile version becamoes hideous!! 

• 6923 posts
    October 2, 2017 3:51 PM EDT

You might want a plugin. I'm waiting to get the Articles plugin for my site as it's an author site and we need something with extra features. However, I don't buy things with "core" due to my extra security requirements. It could be something you could use for your site though if you need extra formatting options. Another option is to check at TinyMCE for formatting buttons you could enable but that would be a source edit.

• 57 posts
    October 2, 2017 4:31 PM EDT

Actually, I'd rather be able to fix things than buy a plug-in. I saw the Article plug-in in the Marketplace, but I do not seem so useful to my site!

• 6923 posts
    October 2, 2017 4:50 PM EDT

https://community.tinymce.com/communityQuestion?id=90661000000IfNPAA0 try that tip. Shift+ Enter

• 57 posts
    October 3, 2017 2:53 AM EDT

Yeah, I knew it! But they say that by pressing ENTER in TinyMCE will (by default) start a new block element - typically a new paragraph (

). And this on my site does not happen unfortunately (Except for the mobile version)! 

If I press SHIFT+ENTER, it solve the problem on desktop version, but it doubling the space on the mobile version!

• 6923 posts
    October 3, 2017 5:33 AM EDT

Have you tried our Atlas theme demo to see if it does the same thing? I tend not to read blogs in mobile view as it's harder to read them for me. Atlas is a responsive theme but that is not something I tested in it.

• 57 posts
    October 3, 2017 10:17 AM EDT

No, how can I try the demo? 

• 6923 posts
    October 3, 2017 12:22 PM EDT

https://demo-atlas.socialengine.com/ try there but we need to disable the mobile plugin as atlas doesn't need it. However, it seems to install when we do our auto-reset of the demo.

• 57 posts
    October 3, 2017 1:15 PM EDT

Ok, thank you!