New Members Can't Register

• 24 posts
    October 19, 2017 9:36 PM EDT

Hello, I'm not sure what occurred to cause this error, but for the past few months, new members have been getting errors when they try to sign up. 

Example error log:

2017-10-19T22:13:32+00:00 CRIT (2): Error Code: 4a9f76 Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'EXAMPLE EMAIL' for key 'EMAIL' in /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214 Stack trace: #0 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(303): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array) #1 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(480): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(576): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `en...', Array) #3 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(1076): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('engine4_users', Array) #4 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Db/Table.php(146): Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->insert(Array) #5 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Row/Abstract.php(467): Engine_Db_Table->insert(Array) #6 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Row/Abstract.php(438): Zend_Db_Table_Row_Abstract->_doInsert() #7 /home/USER/public_html/application/modules/User/Plugin/Signup/Fields.php(283): Zend_Db_Table_Row_Abstract->save() #8 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Hooks/Dispatcher.php(219): User_Plugin_Signup_Fields->onProcess(Object(Engine_Hooks_Event)) #9 /home/USER/public_html/application/modules/Core/Model/Item/Abstract.php(504): Engine_Hooks_Dispatcher->callEvent('onUserCreateAft...', Object(Engine_Hooks_Event)) #10 /home/USER/public_html/application/modules/User/Model/User.php(319): Core_Model_Item_Abstract->_postInsert() #11 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Row/Abstract.php(492): User_Model_User->_postInsert() #12 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Row/Abstract.php(438): Zend_Db_Table_Row_Abstract->_doInsert() #13 /home/USER/public_html/application/modules/User/Plugin/Signup/Account.php(154): Zend_Db_Table_Row_Abstract->save() #14 /home/USER/public_html/application/modules/Core/Controller/Action/Helper/FormSequence.php(193): User_Plugin_Signup_Account->onProcess() #15 /home/USER/public_html/application/modules/Core/Controller/Action/Helper/FormSequence.php(45): Core_Controller_Action_Helper_FormSequence->doProcess() #16 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(328): Core_Controller_Action_Helper_FormSequence->direct() #17 /home/USER/public_html/application/modules/User/controllers/SignupController.php(51): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->__call('formSequence', Array) #18 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): User_SignupController->indexAction() #19 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('indexAction') #20 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #21 /home/USER/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(84): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #22 /home/USER/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run() #23 /home/USER/public_html/application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run() #24 /home/USER/public_html/index.php(25): include('/home/USER/...') #25 {main}
    • 6923 posts
    October 20, 2017 4:58 AM EDT

You didn't state your version of SE PHP that you are using. If you have verify email enabled and these are invited users, it could be that issue which was fixed in a recent update.

• 6923 posts
    October 20, 2017 11:08 AM EDT

I forgot to mention, https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1642532-admin-panel---settings->-signup-process , as the tutorial shows and the admin steps show, the two steps that must always remain in first and second place are "Choose Subscription" and "Create Account" or the process breaks. Please make sure you didn't move those in the signup steps.

• 24 posts
    October 20, 2017 5:07 PM EDT
    Donna said:

I forgot to mention, https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1642532-admin-panel---settings->-signup-process , as the tutorial shows and the admin steps show, the two steps that must always remain in first and second place are "Choose Subscription" and "Create Account" or the process breaks. Please make sure you didn't move those in the signup steps.

That was the issue, I had somehow moved "Create Account" in third place. Thank you so much, it is now fixed. Also, I am using the latest version of the software, I should have mentioned that.

• 6923 posts
    October 21, 2017 6:48 AM EDT

Great to hear it is resolved. 

• 31 posts
    November 3, 2017 1:06 AM EDT

That is likely not the issue. I have determined that this bug happens sometimes when a user hits signup twice .. say if the site is loading slow. Regardless of the above fix the issue will persist. 

• 24 posts
    November 3, 2017 1:27 AM EDT
    DreamCoder said:

That is likely not the issue. I have determined that this bug happens sometimes when a user hits signup twice .. say if the site is loading slow. Regardless of the above fix the issue will persist. 

In my case it was the issue and now there are no problems during sign up, when before it failed 100% of the time.

• 6923 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:41 AM EDT
    DreamCoder said:

It wouldn't be a bug if they hit it twice due to site speed issue. It would be an issue with the site or user's browser. A bug is an issue in the script that is consistently reproduce regardless of server or browser problems. We can't fix issues due to server or browser or user's internet. Bug, we can fix.

• 31 posts
    November 3, 2017 5:05 AM EDT

I explained wrong.

If a user hits the submit button twice because they are impatient in the site processing it will produce this error... The submit button should be made inactive when the form is submitted to fix this.

If it was happening 100% of the time then yes that not the same thing. 

• 6923 posts
    November 3, 2017 5:11 AM EDT

True. That could be a good improvement. I'll add it to our list of feature requests for upcoming version after 4.10, to consider. My mouse is a happy mouse and tends to double click when my finger does a single click. I think it's click happy. I end up posting twice many times. So I can see an issue if someone did the same during sign up.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at November 3, 2017 5:12 AM EDT