Members in menu ...

• July 11, 2017 10:18 AM EDT

Hello friends, this is just a simple idea and a question that goes mostly to Staff ... is it possible to have the Members page in menu to access all the members and also search or view them by subscription type ? I think can be helpful for some of us ... sorry if is a bad idea!

• 6923 posts
    July 11, 2017 10:50 AM EDT

We removed it as we have no main menu.We only have the mini menu. Plus, we didn't want an easy way for the non-clients to find the clients. Just seemed a bad idea to have it like that while we have this open to all. Later on, when it's set back to client/expert only, we can put the browse members again.

• July 11, 2017 10:58 AM EDT

I understand , thank you very much for your reply ... take care !

• 6923 posts
    July 11, 2017 11:06 AM EDT
    Gabry said:

I understand , thank you very much for your reply ... take care !

You too, take care. laughing 

• 629 posts
    July 14, 2017 6:54 PM EDT
    Gabry said:

Hello friends, this is just a simple idea and a question that goes mostly to Staff ... is it possible to have the Members page in menu to access all the members and also search or view them by subscription type ? I think can be helpful for some of us ... sorry if is a bad idea!

Gabri, welcome to the community!

Go to https://community.socialengine.com/members to view and add people as friends.

• 629 posts
    July 14, 2017 7:08 PM EDT
    Donna said:

We removed it as we have no main menu.We only have the mini menu. Plus, we didn't want an easy way for the non-clients to find the clients. Just seemed a bad idea to have it like that while we have this open to all. Later on, when it's set back to client/expert only, we can put the browse members again.

Well, actually, the whole idea of a community is for people to connect.

The way things are set up currently, is that the members pages are private. You have to register or sign in to see them. Profile Types shouldn't limit peoples access to finding and adding new friends.

In my opinion, people who aren't clients can be just as committed to helping others. But community rules should apply equally to both clients and non clients.

Non clients as well as new clients tend to need member support more especially if they are on the verge of making a licensing decision, or just wish to ask some basic questions. There's nowhere out there that's a legal forum or an official one other than here which provide this in an open and canded environment.

I'm not sure how I feel about non clients unable to connect with my profile. I set it to members only but I see all people as having a fair chance. If they become a problem, you either report them or block them. What I'm concerned with is search engine visibility of private content. That's been taken care of with the member portal page and profile pages listed as private to view.

Segregating us further may not help matters because we're all just here to help each other at the end of the day. Ultimately the decision is up to the site administrators and social engine team. But member conduct rests with us, respectively to work together based on common goals and interests we adhere to as members here.

In my experience, a lot of the time, one of the first things people do in forums is try to make friends and be useful. Making this process only available to paid people, means if we don't reach out to new members as paid people, they only have the forum to post and can't enjoy personal or private friendships because they can't have access to members to talk to.

Perhaps I'm just a social person and don't mind saying hello regardless of someone's social status. So I rest my case. People can remove themselves in settings from search and the members page by setting their profile privacy settings to invisible mode. I'm always here and open minded to talk to if anyone wants to though.

I just hope this all works out for the best whatever happens in the end. The beginning is great for me, and I hope to continue sharing help, feedback and friendships to all who wish to be in sync with this idea.

Some people can become confused with the profile type status as I've discovered they can't change it directly. But that's a topic for another time. I'm not sure to be honest what you're referring to by blocking access to the members page, but I'm trying to catch up to the flock in this way.