Community

Forums » SECloud Help and Tips

Cloud Feedback

• 7 posts
    November 3, 2017 1:06 PM EDT

Newby Here :) I a, the 14 day free trial. Although I initially like the entire concept it is mostly simple. Quick and easy setup.. until you want to put ads in... No obvious place for them.... I have looked for A day and a half. Secondly, There are many out here that would use this service is it were not partial coding. I have mostly built a site I might use but ran into a massive snag trying to learn code options. I am stuck between using the sight, and not using it because of coding issues I don't know about. I cannot afford to pay someone to do it until I get ads, and cannot ad those without code.. Big circle :) It really should be a bit easier for the service your trying to sell. No offense intended

• 7 posts
    November 3, 2017 1:07 PM EDT

Sorry for error didn't proof read :S

• 823 posts
    November 3, 2017 1:39 PM EDT

The cloud product is built to be a Reddit or Twitter clone sort of environment that is easy to set up for normal operations. There are a lot of tutorials:

Table of contents: https://support.socialengine.com/cloud?_ga=2.208853908.705776724.1509706686-706914259.1509706686

Ads: https://support.socialengine.com/cloud/customer/en/portal/articles/1927492-inserting-ad-code-into-your-site?b_id=5097

If you need a more robust ad system, you'll want SEPHP instead. 

• 823 posts
    November 3, 2017 1:39 PM EDT

BTW, Welcome aboard. :)

• 7 posts
    November 3, 2017 3:12 PM EDT

huh SEPHP? LOL sorry

• 7 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:07 PM EDT

Oh found it, and cannot use with Cloud. I don't think

• 823 posts
    November 4, 2017 5:14 AM EDT

SEPHP is our other product. It's a full featured social network system. You can buy the full version or buy the essential and then get the other plugins you need separately if you wanted to. You would use your own hosting which you can get from TMD or I know of other hosting if you don't like TMD. https://www.socialengine.com/support/hosting-providers

• 7 posts
    November 4, 2017 1:57 PM EDT

So my question with this is. If I use this cloud, and it grows a lot and want to switch does it integrate well? Would it interrupt the flow in this case. Are you going to be adding to the cloud soon/later? Would all those features be added to cloud for a larger cost?

• 7 posts
    November 4, 2017 2:00 PM EDT

Sorry another question. I noticed there is e-mail on cloud for people signing up. Is there an e-mail I can ad for admin or whatever..

• 823 posts
    November 6, 2017 6:24 AM EST
    Eric said:

So my question with this is. If I use this cloud, and it grows a lot and want to switch does it integrate well? Would it interrupt the flow in this case. Are you going to be adding to the cloud soon/later? Would all those features be added to cloud for a larger cost?

They are separate products. We don't have an import script to go from SE Cloud to SE PHP. You can export users from SE Cloud though. However, the content isn't exported. 

We have plans for cloud and we'll have to make a post about that as soon as we have details.

• 823 posts
    November 6, 2017 6:26 AM EST
    Eric said:

Sorry another question. I noticed there is e-mail on cloud for people signing up. Is there an e-mail I can ad for admin or whatever..

I'm not clear on what you are asking. If you mean can you change a user from general user to Admin user, yes you can do that in the member management. We have a lot of tutorials at the link I provided earlier. :)