SOCIALENGINEADDONS TEMPLATE

• 101 posts
    November 6, 2017 1:55 PM EST

I made the mistake of acquiring the Responsive Captivate template from SocialEngineAddons, installing it and testing it. I did not like it and try to go back to my previous Grid Red template. What is my surprise to see that just by trying it, has deconfigured the whole page. I can not use Grid Red again because it does not work and I'm tied to the Responsive Captivate template. With this template, regardless of what I do not like, there are many things that do not work. The answer of SocialEngineAddons is to restore the backup (which I do not have). Does anyone have any idea how to solve the problem?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    November 6, 2017 5:06 PM EST

==> "I can not use Grid Red again because it does not work and I'm tied to the Responsive Captivate template. "

What do you mean by that?  What happens when you select the Grid Red Theme?

==> "... deconfigured the whole page"

What page - Landing Page?  Have you tried in Layout Editor to change things back to what you had?

What version of SE are you using?

• 101 posts
    November 6, 2017 5:31 PM EST

I am using the latest version of SocialEngine, with some plugins updated to the latest versions of SocialEngineAddons.

As the Grid Red template stops updating, start searching for one.

Buy the Atlas template of SocialEngine and it is incompatible with SocialEnginAddons plugins.

I uninstalled it and went back to Grid Red, Buy the Responsive Captative template of SocialEngineAddons, thinking that it would be compatible with your plugins and also give problems.

Try going back to Grid Red but it does not work anymore, the SocialEngineAddons template about writes files and Grid Red no longer works.

I told the SocialEngineAddons team and they told me to reinstall the backup, which I do not have.

Now I try to make Responsive Captative work, but I do not finish it.

I'm about to disable all SocialEngineAddons plugins, because I think the problem is SocialEngineAddons.

I do not speak English, I'm using the Google translator, I hope I explained

• 6923 posts
    November 7, 2017 4:46 AM EST

Try to reinstall Grid Red. Ask SEAO why it doesn't work, what files is their theme overwriting if any (tell them I sent you to ask) and if they don't answer, please let me know. Post a review on the theme as well. 

• 348 posts
    November 8, 2017 5:41 AM EST
    ANGAR said:

I am using the latest version of SocialEngine, with some plugins updated to the latest versions of SocialEngineAddons.

As the Grid Red template stops updating, start searching for one.

Buy the Atlas template of SocialEngine and it is incompatible with SocialEnginAddons plugins.

I uninstalled it and went back to Grid Red, Buy the Responsive Captative template of SocialEngineAddons, thinking that it would be compatible with your plugins and also give problems.

Try going back to Grid Red but it does not work anymore, the SocialEngineAddons template about writes files and Grid Red no longer works.

I told the SocialEngineAddons team and they told me to reinstall the backup, which I do not have.

Now I try to make Responsive Captative work, but I do not finish it.

I'm about to disable all SocialEngineAddons plugins, because I think the problem is SocialEngineAddons.

I do not speak English, I'm using the Google translator, I hope I explained

--------------------------------

Angar, we totally understand your concern here and apologize for the inconvenience faced by you with our Responsive Captivate Theme.

Our Responsive Captivate Theme is a great theme and has been loved by our clients. Number of clients having their own SocialEngine community since years have switched to this theme and have loved it as can be read in the reviews on the theme: https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/responsive-captivate-theme

Infact this theme works very well even when there are 3rd party plugins installed on the website as the theme has been developed abiding by the SocialEngine standards, we do have clients who have been using this theme along with the 3rd party plugins without any issues.

If you are finding any issues while using this theme, please let us know the same. We will be more than happy to fix them for you and will try to make upto your expectation. There were few issues reported by you in the support ticket, those issues have already been fixed we have also updated you on the same. If still there is any issue(s), please let us know, we will try our level best to provide you with required assistance.

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at November 8, 2017 5:57 AM EST
    • 101 posts
    November 8, 2017 8:09 AM EST

I do not doubt that the Responsive Captivate template is a big issue. But in Spain we have a phrase: everyone tells the party as it goes. (I guess the translator will not have given the correct meaning to this phrase.) I have tried several templates since the most liked Grid Red is not updated by SocialEngine. Try all that SocialEngine has and I did not like it. Probe "Atlas" and the images and miniatures, some round others oval, other square ... and the distribution of elements I did not like. I went back to Grid Red and continue searching. I have tried some more and I did not like them, I went back to Grid Red and kept searching. I asked you about your templates asking which is the one that most resembles Grid Red because I liked its design and you recommended the Responsive Captivate template. The probe and I did not like it, I tried to go back to Grid Red and it was all unconfigured, I went back to Responsive Captivate and I'm still there because Grid Red does not work anymore. I am trying to adapt it to my tastes, although I know I can never update it because what I am changing will be lost if I update it in the future. There are many things that do not work or I do not like them. I have sent the most important for the page to work, but change I have to change many things. I have already seen that you have fixed the problems reported and now you can publish it. Now I hesitate to try to change what I do not like or keep looking for a template that I like. The Responsive Captivate template I see it without color, maybe in functionality it can be good. But I see it very sad.

• 101 posts
    November 8, 2017 8:10 AM EST
    Donna said:

Try to reinstall Grid Red. Ask SEAO why it doesn't work, what files is their theme overwriting if any (tell them I sent you to ask) and if they don't answer, please let me know. Post a review on the theme as well. 

• 101 posts
    November 8, 2017 8:15 AM EST

I'm already afraid of touching something. My economic support depends on the operation of the page. I have been several days with the page without working and it has cost me a lot. I see with sadness how the page in these months that I am in reform has lost audience and I have the desire to make more attractive to recover the lost people.

• 6923 posts
    November 8, 2017 8:42 AM EST

Experts are allowed to update the theme Grid Red if you need that but it first must work. If you don't want to use the theme you bought. SEAO can remove it and restore your site to working condition as it was before. There's no reason the original theme shouldn't work if it was working before. Perhaps SEAO can even make the customizations/updates to Grid Red for a price if that's what you want. 

• 101 posts
    November 8, 2017 9:00 AM EST

I have tried to change Grid Red since it stops updating and in the long run it will generate problems. I want a template that is updated periodically by the manufacturer. I'm going to see if the SocialEngineAddons template can be adapted to what I want and if I see that I do not try with others.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    November 8, 2017 10:43 AM EST

Something to consider @Angar after you get this resolved, so you're not in this situation again:

1.  backup often (site files and database), and keep multiple backups (one of many options: SEAO recently released a backup Plugin that I just purchased, but haven't tested yet)

2.  never never never install into a live site until after performing thorough testing in a dev site (I'm assuming you installed into your production/live site because you mentioned 'lost audience'), and then only after a complete backup (or more than one) to different physical destinations 

• 348 posts
    November 9, 2017 2:22 AM EST
    ANGAR said:

I do not doubt that the Responsive Captivate template is a big issue. But in Spain we have a phrase: everyone tells the party as it goes. (I guess the translator will not have given the correct meaning to this phrase.) I have tried several templates since the most liked Grid Red is not updated by SocialEngine. Try all that SocialEngine has and I did not like it. Probe "Atlas" and the images and miniatures, some round others oval, other square ... and the distribution of elements I did not like. I went back to Grid Red and continue searching. I have tried some more and I did not like them, I went back to Grid Red and kept searching. I asked you about your templates asking which is the one that most resembles Grid Red because I liked its design and you recommended the Responsive Captivate template. The probe and I did not like it, I tried to go back to Grid Red and it was all unconfigured, I went back to Responsive Captivate and I'm still there because Grid Red does not work anymore. I am trying to adapt it to my tastes, although I know I can never update it because what I am changing will be lost if I update it in the future. There are many things that do not work or I do not like them. I have sent the most important for the page to work, but change I have to change many things. I have already seen that you have fixed the problems reported and now you can publish it. Now I hesitate to try to change what I do not like or keep looking for a template that I like. The Responsive Captivate template I see it without color, maybe in functionality it can be good. But I see it very sad.

We will try our best to fulfill your requirements using our Responsive Captivate Theme. We are working on the ticket related to this and will provide a detailed reply in the ticket soon. In case you have any other concerns regarding the theme, please feel free to share them in the ticket.