Members Automatically Assigned to Network Question

• 75 posts
    November 18, 2017 9:32 PM EST

It would be nice if members could be automatically assigned to groups according to:

1) membership plan

2) member type (free, admin, etc.)

3) profile question (the way it is now). 

This post was edited by jasongeek at November 18, 2017 9:33 PM EST
    • 6923 posts
    November 20, 2017 4:54 AM EST

I am confused by this request. Can you give some more information? The title should reflect what the feature request is for. The title is for Networks but the first paragraph seems to say it's for Groups. Is this for Networks or Groups?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? 

Thank you for your post!

• 75 posts
    November 20, 2017 3:21 PM EST
    I want to also be able to automatically assign members to a network based on
    1. Member Level
    2. Subscription
  • gs
    • 857 posts
    November 20, 2017 3:51 PM EST

SEAO offers a Subscription Plugin that provides some mapping (ML and Profile Type I belive, but not Networks - at least I don't see an option for Networks in my ADMINcp).  I only mention it in case you need something soon to map Networks and are willing to have them customize this Plugin to meet your needs.  There's a loooong backlog of SE FRs, some of which are very old and have been waiting to be implemented.

https://www.socialengineaddons.com/socialengine-advanced-member-subscriptions-plugin

• 6923 posts
    November 20, 2017 4:26 PM EST

http://blog.socialengine.com/2017/08/10/4-10-roadmap/ I think with the improvements coming to Profile Types, you may be able to accomplish this. Since the profile types will be able to be assigned to a member level, and a profile question is part of a profile type, it should work. 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    November 20, 2017 4:28 PM EST

That's great news - thanks @Donna.

• 75 posts
    November 23, 2017 10:18 AM EST
    I like that mapping plugin. I'm getting it today. It has a lot if awesome features.

Also like that the roadmap includes improvements.