Default page URL's

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 5:53 AM EST

What are the default website page URL's for each of the SE Layout Editor pages?

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:03 AM EST

That's quite a list. Is there any particular one you need? One tip you can do, that I do, is to install SE on your computer for use with things like this. I use Mamp (the pro version but the free version is fine) as it works on any computer OS. It's very easy to use and set up. Installing SE on local is the same as installing on a live server. 

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:04 AM EST

You can also see it on our demo if that helps as the admin area is accessible. 

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:26 AM EST

I can't see any way to extract the URL's from the demo.  All of the Layout Editor pages do not show up in the demo pages that I can view.  My credentials do not allow me to sign in to the demo.

For the SE software, apparently, there are default URL's.  The URL's can also be assigned in the "Edit Page Info" form for each Layout Editor Page.  It would seem to be easier to just use the default URL's. 

Am I correct in thinking that there is a default website URL for each Layout Editor page?

Is there some reason why the complete list is not published by SE?

Does SE think it undesirable to use the default URL's?

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:32 AM EST

How is the version installed on my computer going to be any different than my online installation for figuring out the page URL's? 

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:36 AM EST

We don't have a list to publish. It would be something we would need to manually do as the entries in the database show NULL for default URLs. It also depends on the package you have and the default plugins as to what URLs you need. If you remove a special URL you put in, it should revert back to normal. 

Each plugin has a default page and other pages that go with it. If you look at the demo front end, demo.socialgengine.com/blogs is the default URL for the blog browse page and in the layout editor, that corresponds to the Blog Browse Page. This is how you can find the default URLs for each page. 

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:38 AM EST
    Lightzok said:

How is the version installed on my computer going to be any different than my online installation for figuring out the page URL's? 

I thought perhaps you had changed the URLs and needed a reference. Perhaps let us know what you are trying to accomplish and we may be able to assist with that. I did post more info in my answer above in case that helps too.

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:43 AM EST

As an example, the demo doesn't seem to show the "Invite Page."  And there are many others not shown. 

Some are difficult to guess since the name on the Layout Editor does not always conform to the URL.  An example of this is that "Member Home Page" is /members/home (note the irregularity of singular in Layout Editor, and plural in website URL).

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:46 AM EST

Does SE expect the user to assign all of the URL's?  If that is the case, why are there default URL's?

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:48 AM EST

Ok the invite page shows as Invite for me in the layout editor when not logged in to the demo and clicking the admin gear.

There are some pages that don't have any editing options and won't show in the Layout Editor but the URLs can be gotten by visiting front end. 

Are you trying to code something? 

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:50 AM EST
    Lightzok said:

Does SE expect the user to assign all of the URL's?  If that is the case, why are there default URL's?

I am not sure where you are going with this. The URLs are already working and done via code in the controller files. No assigning needs to be done by the client.

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:55 AM EST

I am not trying to code anything.  I only want to be able to find the Layout Editor page to configure a website page, or to find the website page that I see on the Layout Editor.  What is the standard process that everyone is expected to use that is not trial-and-error?

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:57 AM EST

Where are the controller files?

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 7:05 AM EST

For the pages that are not in the layout editor, you would need to customize the files for that plugin. For just about everything, you can go front end, look at the page to see what it should be in the layout editor. I showed you the Invite page in the list as an example. Some pages have no edit in the layout editor but most do. 

This page, for example, has no edit in the Layout Editor. You would go to the application/modules/Forum and depending on what you are trying to do, either edit the /views/scripts/(folder for what you want to change)/view.tpl file or some other file such as the /externals/styles/main.css

More info, https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1638402-technical-overview?b_id=4311

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 7:11 AM EST

Oh and if you look in the title bar of your browser, it shows the page title which should also correspond with what you see in the layout editor.

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 7:14 AM EST

Again, I am not trying to code anything.  

Another example.  The Album Main Navigation Menu has a Browse Albums item. How do I find out its URL? Do I have to drop the Album Browse Menu Block into a known page so I can navigate to it on the front end and see its URL in the address bar?  

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 7:18 AM EST

From your example, if I see the Blog View Page in the Layout Editor, how do I navigate to that page in the front end without knowing its URL?

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 7:39 AM EST

You do know its url as I showed you in the other screenshot. The page title in the browser bar corresponds with the page in the layout editor. 

Using the photo album as an example, the same thing applies to the Browse Albums. You see it takes you to the Album Browse page which corresponds in the layout editor to the Album Browse Page. Look in the browser tab when on front end. Look there first before going to Layout Editor. 

Further using Photo albums as an example, if you can't find a corresponding page in the Layout Editor as I do see the buttons have different names then the editor page, you can look in the footer url when hovering and in the browser URL after clicking:

Seeing above, the URL corresponds to the Layout Editor Album Manage Page. We can find it even though one is plural and the other singular. You can change the names of each of these to be whatever you find to work best for you. Just click to Edit Page Info and change the Page Name.  It is much easier to first look front end and then look in layout editor. 

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 7:56 AM EST

The problem is that I can't find a way to browse to the page on the front end.  You say, "the same thing applies to the Browse Albums. You see it takes you to the Album Browse page."  What is the browsing/clicking route that you are going through to get to these pages on the front end to be able to see the albums' URL's in the address bar?  I am looking at the demo: https://demo.socialengine.com/albums, and just reach the dead end of this /albums page by itself, and no links to the other albums pages that you show.

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 8:01 AM EST

Perhaps, if there was a sitemap link in one of these demo sites, that might assist in getting to all of these front end pages so that the URL's could be viewed.

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 8:10 AM EST

https://demo.socialengine.com/sitemap

I am clicking the Albums link in the main menu to get to Albums Browse Page. That is the page you view when browsing albums. I am having a hard time explaining this so will try further. If you want to browse all albums on your site, you click the Albums main menu and logically, it ends up on the Albums Browse Page. On that page, if you click the little menu links you see when logged in, such as Browse Albums, My Albums, Add New Photos, you go to those respective pages and can see the URLs as I showed. Notice my screenshot shows those buttons and highlighted is the My Albums button which also shows in the URLs I pointed out.

I can try a video to show you if that will  help.

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 8:17 AM EST

Since I can't log into the SE demo site, that won't work for me to get the URL's.

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 8:41 AM EST
    Lightzok said:

Since I can't log into the SE demo site, that won't work for me to get the URL's.

Please let us know what issue you had to join the site and log in after. If you see errors in the developer console (using Inspect Element in your browser), let us know. 

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 8:44 AM EST

It occurred to me that I had to create a separate account from my SE account (which did not work) for the demos, and have logged in.

I can see the links now and will try to slog through the task of decoding the relationship between each front end URL and each Layout Editor page. Hopefully this demo site is complete and will allow for every page in the Layout Editor to be covered.

• 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 8:45 AM EST

Ok let us know if you still have issues. I can try a video tutorial about it if needed.