Default page URL's

• gs
    • 857 posts
    November 27, 2017 9:05 AM EST
    I ran into this all the time during the initial months of setup/config (and often still do years later). It gets compounded as 3PD Plugins are added. Trial and error is all that worked for me. Plus, often 3PD Plugin pages are not grouped together which makes it even more difficult to find what you're looking for.

Maybe this could be an FR? Each page in LE could display the URL, and this URL (or part of it) could be searchable in LE (for when you have the URL but have no clue which page it is).
    • 6923 posts
    November 27, 2017 9:16 AM EST
    gs said:
    I ran into this all the time during the initial months of setup/config (and often still do years later). It gets compounded as 3PD Plugins are added. Trial and error is all that worked for me. Plus, often 3PD Plugin pages are not grouped together which makes it even more difficult to find what you're looking for. Maybe this could be an FR? Each page in LE could display the URL, and this URL (or part of it) could be searchable in LE (for when you have the URL but have no clue which page it is).

Gosh I wish we had a thumbs up for each post.  I love the idea of having the URL part of the page so a client can just click it to get there. Searchable, not sure how possible that would be but this needs to be added as a feature request to be considered.

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 9:24 AM EST

Thanks, gs.  Your reply increases my confidence that I am not missing some simple solution to this problem.  Your suggested LE display of the URL is exactly what I was looking around for in LE, and expecting to see. It would be intuitive if implemented.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    November 27, 2017 1:26 PM EST

@Lightzok

Will you be creating an FR or do you want me to (I don't want to step in where I shouldn't, but want to be helpful)?

• 15 posts
    November 27, 2017 7:49 PM EST

@gs 

Please go ahead and create the FR. I am new to this community and believe that your experience will be a benefit.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    November 28, 2017 5:46 PM EST

@Lightzok

==>'Please go ahead and create the FR....'

As per your request, happy to help.  Please add whatever you wish to the thread, or if you prefer that I include it in the OP, just let me know via PM and I'll edit the OP.   BTW - I don't want to take any credit for 'experience' because I'm still in development (after 2+ years) and you're probably more experienced than me  I just like to do my part in helping SE and fellow ADMINs in enhancing an already good platform to benefit those of us who really need the enhancements.  Below is the link to the FR:

http://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/396/searchable-x-reference-between-layout-editor-pages-live-url/view/post_id/2649

• 18 posts
    August 22, 2018 1:38 AM EDT

Same here, lots of back and forth (trial and error and time) trying to figure out which page in the layout editor match to which URL.  One would think there was an easy answer, but alas this one, among many I've encountered, is not one of them.

@gs Thanks for putting in a feature request.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 22, 2018 7:43 PM EDT

@Kieiph

You're welcome.  Keep your fingers crossed that this FR (and dozens more) is finally implemented in the next version, V5.