Date format

• December 2, 2017 10:42 AM EST

Is there a way to change the format of dates to day month year?

• 6923 posts
    December 2, 2017 12:12 PM EST

Hi Graham! Have you tried changing Locale? It handles the various displays of dates throughout the site to correspond to the locale set by admin and by members. I think it would work to set the date format properly for your area without you having to make source edits.

• December 3, 2017 11:10 AM EST

I have just tried that but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. 

Not sure if I needed to but also tried putting the site into dev mode in case it affected the cache.

• 6923 posts
    December 4, 2017 5:15 AM EST

Where are the dates you are trying to change? Is it a specific plugin or section?

• December 5, 2017 2:54 AM EST

It's in the events section, i'm looking at the event dates.

• 6923 posts
    December 5, 2017 4:46 AM EST

Ok as I tried another locale and it did change the format in the posts in feed and blocks but I hadn't looked at events. I'll have to go look to see if there are any settings.

• December 11, 2017 5:49 AM EST

Any more thoughts on this? I'm on the trial at the moment and this would be a deal breaker for me buying the software.

• 6923 posts
    December 11, 2017 6:04 AM EST

Odd. It works fine for me when I change locales in my front end settings as each user can change their locale. This is using the default Events plugin.

Here it is if I choose Catalin:

• December 11, 2017 8:09 AM EST

I had previously set the location to British English in the admin, hadn't considered the user settings but have now set those too.

But the events are still showing month first:

• 6923 posts
    December 11, 2017 8:49 AM EST

UK English is actually not a supported language. It uses the default English setting. You could try setting the site default locale to the SE default English pack and then front end users can choose the UK English but I tested and it doesn't change the format. You would want a customization to change the format or use an advanced events plugin for now. Can your users not understand the date if it shows the other way for now until it could be changed? There are many other great features in this script that more than make up for the date format.  I will add this as an issue in our bug tracker though.

• December 12, 2017 8:32 AM EST

I have been considering the Advanced Events Plugin by SocialEngineAddOns but I can't see that they do the same months free trial. I'll try and have a look at their demo and see if I can find if there's a setting to control the format.

• 6923 posts
    December 12, 2017 5:55 PM EST

Ask them if they can set up a demo for you maybe? I don't know if they do that.